What do you consider a picture of a baby/toddler/child actively nursing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-15-2012, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I am currently participating in a local contest through our health unit....and they are looking for pictures of moms actively nursing their babies.

There are pictures of babies covered with nursing covers (in one you can not even see a toe). I thought a picture of a baby actively nursing would ACTUALLY show the baby nursing.

What do you think?

As much as I would love to win the prize.......I am doubting I will get enough votes (my picture is of a toddler nursing)....I don't think people are comfortable with older kids nursing......

So...back to my question....what do you consider a nursing photo?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Technically if a baby's nursing in the photo it's a nursing photo, but I can't imagine a picture showing a mother and a Hooter Hider is going to win the prize, KWIM? If I were judging I'd want to see the interaction between the mother and baby - maybe looking at each other, or the baby playing with the mama's face, or the baby de-latching to smile a milky smile, or any of those adorable situations which are infinitely more appealing than a picture in which the baby's hidden from view.

I suspect the toddler thing might lose you some votes, as you say (sorry!). Still, good for you. :) I wish I had some decent nursing photos - I never really thought to take any. In the family photos of SIL's wedding I'm actually BFing DD, but you can't really tell - I was wearing a capelet thing and she was tiny, so it just looks like I'm holding her.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Moving this to the breastfeeding forum. 

User Tag List