Have a 7 month old breastfeed baby and I am pregnant again... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 7 month old is breastfeed and has started waking up 5 or 6 times a night to eat is this due to my being pregnanat again? Could my milk not be enough to fill him up ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got pregnant with my second when my first was only 6 months old.  He did nurse more and more while my milk supply depleted.  I had no idea I was pregnant, so I started trying to boost my supply with pumping and fenugreek...until I realized what was causing the milk supply decrease!  Yes, I didn't make enough milk to grow my first and I had to get him going on solids and formula.  He never stopped nursing, but there were times I was completely dried out and I wanted to run away and hide.  After baby #2 was born and my milk came in, baby #1 nursed happily, his hair grew in thick and curly, and his eczema went away.  I tandem nursed the two until the oldest was almost two years old and they are the closest siblings-best friends I have ever known :)

User Tag List