EPing-no milk at night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-20-2012, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've EBF five children and #6 just wouldn't nurse! I've been pumping and bottling now for three months and I'm getting to know my body in a whole new way...for instance, as soon as it gets dark, my milk turns off.  I can't pump more than an ounce, even if I pump for 45 minutes!  As soon as it gets light and I have my coffee, the bottles overflow in under five minutes.  Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just weird?  And I wonder if that happened with my nursing babies and why they seemed to be attached all night long?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-20-2012, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've read before about moms having a hard time getting milk at night if they were waking via an alarm clock for the sole purpose of pumping.  Is that what you're doing?  It seems like things go better if you are able to pump when you naturally wake up (due to kids, restroom needs, etc.).

#3 of 3 Old 10-21-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I get up when the baby wakes for her bottle.  I have one ready for her, feed her, put her back down and then pump.  Sometimes:)  Last night I couldn't get anything after dark.  I tried to pump twice-once at 8:00 PM and once at 10:30.  I think it was around 3:30 this morning when I was able to get milk again-more than 15 ounces! And then at 7:30 I got my normal 8-10 ounces amount.  I think I'm weird.  I do try to pump to match baby's consumption, so I'll pump extra if she eats extra.  No matter how hard I try, I just can't live by clocks for longer than a day...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page