Thoughts on nursing tanks - esp Bravado Essential vs. Glamourmom Full Bust? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! This is a cut/paste from my long post that reviewed a bunch of bras and tanks.

Basically, without boring you too much below, I am looking for anyone's input/experience on the Bravado Essential Tank and the Glamourmom Full Bust Long Top. I have ordered one of each, and the basic story is that I like the fit/feel of the Bravado, but the clips on the Glamour mom -- call me picky! And I am also afraid that the Glamourmom will not be large enough once milk is in.

I am 21 weeks' gestation with #5, and gave away all my nursing bras after #4. (If you want the full saga, see my other long post in this forum.) I am somewhere in the 32/34 E/F camp now, but expect to get a little larger (G/H?) with milk in after engorgement passes.

Thanks for any help/thoughts! Cheers.

From other post, pasted in:

(a) Bravado Essential, 32 F/G, "Flamingo Pink" (because it was on sale) - I have to say, LOVE. Fit is great (cups are slightly large now, at 21 weeks' gestation, but I know they'll be plenty full come nursing time - hopefully large enough after initial engorgement). Super-comfortable. Soft cotton. Supportive shelf bra (actually surprisingly supportive!) Color is fine (I'm not that into light pink, but it was on sale and hey, my cheapness overrode my so-called fashion sense, ha ha). Style is nice - rouching makes the neckline a nice height for me, personally - not too high, not too low - however that is a very personal choice and different people with different bodies might feel differently. Strong plus is that the bodice (belly part) is reasonably snug at 21 weeks, which gives me hope that it will not be baggy/dowdy post-partum. The only slight drawback is that I do not love the nursing clips - they are tricky to use, though I think I will learn. I don't know how to post a link, and I know we're limited in posting to other websites, but if you look on the Bravado website, you can see the types of openings/clips available. This is the one with the little circle tab that you open/close. Not one-handed yet, but I hope it will get easier. Totally worth the $30 I paid (no tax, free shipping). Hopefully I will not stretch it out too much during the pregnancy and can use it next summer!! Also - total test = my husband told me, "you look totally hot in that shirt! where'd you get it?" Proof in pudding!

(b) Glamourmom Full-Bust Long Tank, size S, Black. I would rate this a "like, not love." Considerably longer than the Bravado, which is fine (I'm OK either way - might depend on what I was wearing with it). I do strongly prefer the clips on this to the Bravado right now, but I think I prefer the fit of the Bravado to this. The Bravado is a pull-over style, shelf-bra (no hooks), which does mean I have to carefully pull over the breasts and adjust it - no big deal; the Glamourmom has four sets of hooks in the back. However, even on the tightest set of hooks, I didn't feel this one was quite tight enough. I also felt like I was already pretty much maxxing out the cups, and no milk yet. Also unlike the Bravado, this one does not have a horizontal seam under the breasts (kind of an "empire" style), which could be a pro or a con depending on your body. For me, I LIKE that seam - I feel it helps define my bustline rather than it blending into my belly ;) but that's a very personal choice. Rouching between the breasts makes it not too revealing, but for me, it's almost too high -- but I think this is an artifact of a too-loose band being offset by over-tightened straps. So, bottom line, I am very on-the-fence about this one ... don't love the fit, but do love the clips. Just afraid it's not going to be enough cup size or support once there's milk in the proverbial house. Not sure it's worth the $49 I paid for it. Stay tuned ... who knows if I will keep or return?! I will probably post a separate question about this and see if anyone else has experience/thoughts on it.

#2 of 2 Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have both and am in the same size ballpark. I wore a 34G during pregnancy, and dropped a couple band sizes after delivering while gaining perhaps a cup size; early on I wore Royce bras in I think a 32H? I preferred the Glamourmom because I liked the clips better, I liked the sling for my breasts (felt like my breast was just flapping out there with the Bravado since the entire thing snaps down), and I liked that it had a bra fastening--I didn't like trying to pull the Bravado one on when my breasts were full of milk and sensitive. I do agree I'd like a tighter band fastening on the Glamourmom tank. But it does seem like it would be fairly easy to modify if you have some basic sewing skills. 

I do think that as my breasts have gotten smaller (my daughter is 17 months old now and I can wear my 30 E/F pre-pregnancy bras) that the cups on the Glamourmom are almost too big now and it comes further up on my chest than I think is really visually appealing--then again, I pretty much only wear it to layer these days. I can't comment on this with the Bravado because I haven't worn it in a while. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page