HELP!! Breastfed baby scrapes nipple skin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2012, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD is majority of the time breastfed especially at night. She started teething around 7 mon. But I've had no problems until now. Just today she scrapped a tiny patch of my nipple skin off. It mostly resembles a scrapped knee when you scap just a little off the top but not enough for it to actually bleed? Well now there is like greenish yellowish pus forming on the scrapped are and I have no idea what to do about it. There is no pain or swelling anywhere around that area. It only stings a little when I might rub my nipple against something. Do I clean it and how? Is it still okay to breastfed her? Do I need to seek medical attention?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Ouch! I'm so sorry your post was missed. Has the wound healed? I hope it is better by now. 

Old 11-30-2012, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

THis has happened to me. I had 1 baby who would do that if I nursed him on the left at night. Any other position fine, but if I forgot and put him  on the left while side lying. . . ouch!

Watch if any position makes it worse. Definitly avoid your nomal positions for a few days until it clears up. Maybe use a little antibiotic ointment (and wipe if off before nursing), if it looks red and oozy.  If it doesn't clear up see your Doc.

It could be an extra sharp tooth.  It may go away or it might not. Change positions and keep your eye on it. You should be fine.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!

User Tag List