Mothering Forum banner

Gassy / overactive letdown

533 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  1babysmom 
#1 ·
I have an overactive letdown and my little guy doesn't let one bit of it dribble out lol, so he does a bit of gulping when eating. I've tried feeding upright and side lying and he still seems to get gassy. He isn't a huge spitter but he does spit up some and he does look uncomfortable and like he's trying to get it out and can't pretty often.

We do bicycle legs and it works out well but just wondering if anyone else has any other tips or tricks to help him. During the day he seems to go back to sleep just fine but at night he seems to have a hard time but i think thats a combo of confusing day/night and gas.

Thanks

Rae

#2 ·
For me what always helped was getting them started at the breast (just enough to get the milk flowing) and then taking them off and letting the milk drain for just a bit onto a burp rag or into a bottle or something. Baby wasn't necessarily happy about it, but they were always much more comfortable in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.