Can I use Medela tubing for an Avent Isis pump? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used my Avent Isis Duo with great success BFing my DD for 18 months and pumping while at work. I really like it and urged others to look into it, rather than just the default Medela.

However, after 2 months of once per day pumping with DS, I'm not getting good suction -- I had spare diaphragms & replaced them (those are cheap) but have come to the conclusion that the tubing needs to be replaced -- I think it's worn/stretched where it connects to the non-control pump. I can't find replacement tubing anywhere but on the official Philips site and it's $54!1!!!!!!! Free shipping, but still, good grief! $54! !!

Does anybody have any experience with this? Is there anywhere I can get it cheaper? Is there any way I could just use Medela replacement tubing (which is $8)? Or some other brand?

ETA: So the pump with its current tubing has been used about 20months. Bah.

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM

There is no guarantee the tubing would fit. I think if you buy the medela tubing for the Avent pump, you're probably wasting $8. Unless you know someone who has the medela and can let you see/try if it fits, I think it would be a waste. Manufacturers don't exactly make it easy to mix and match: bad for business.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:15 PM

Wow, that is expensive. I'd probably take your current tubing to a drug store/baby store and see if it looks the same size as medala tubing. It likely isn't, but for $54 I would check! That is outrageous for tubing. I used the Ameda Purely Yours pump and replacement parts for that are similar in price to Medela, though harder to find in brick & mortar stores. I might just buy a new pump if I were you, $54 goes a long way toward a new pump price and I assume they cover it for at least a year, right? And insurance if you are in the USA might cover some/all of that pump price starting next year.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

User Tag List