Best nursing bras - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What is your favorite nursing bra? I tried lots, and wanted to like a tank style one, but I ended up liking the regular Bravado bras best. They were very comfortable, although on the other hand I always seemed glad to get back into regular bras when the time came too.

What is your favorite? Brand? Style?
#2 of 7 Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

honestly..i loved the nursing tanks that i bought from target. they were soft and comfy and discreet,covering my belly when i was in public.

#3 of 7 Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like everything I had from Bravado, I found their clasps to do & undo the bras especially well designed. I also really liked the sleep nursing bras from Motherhood for bumming around at home and even out and about at times, just enough support, but nice and relaxed. I didn't have a single favorite bra because some were super comfortable but would show under certain clothes or whatever. I didn't really like nursing tanks myself, I found it much easier to do a nursing bra under a stretchy tank, all the nursing tanks I had were not long enough for my long torso so they would ride up.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#4 of 7 Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Quinalla-Do you mind if I ask what size you wear?  I am curious because I am currently in a 38DD at 25 weeks pregnant.  I would like to know what bras work well for larger-busted women.  I rarely wear a bra without underwire because I like the support, but I won't want to wear underwire while nursing.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone else too.  Thanks!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 AM

Sure, I wear a 38C when I'm not BFing/pregnant, when BFing/pregnant (like now), I'm usually in 40/42D once the initial OMG-boobs settle down, so I consider myself sort of medium sized with a large rib cage smile.gif So I don't know if my answers are as helpful, but I can't stand underwire while pregnant/BFing, it really hurts and as you probably know can lead to clogged ducts. I really go for the light support bras myself, but if you are looking for more support with no underwire, then something like it is what I would try:

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-bliss-nursing-bra

If you can, go to somewhere that has lots of bras and just try on every nursing bra they have and see if you can find one without underwire that feels supportive. I'd hold off buying any probably yet, unless you find a nice stretchy one you like that will allow for growth, but at least you can have an idea of what kinds you liked for easier shopping closer to your due date and after.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#6 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Thanks Quinalla!  The advice and info are very helpful.  That does look like a nice comfy bra.  I added it to my wish list so I can remember it when the time comes.  I'm not planning on buying any yet because my size will change.  I might get one just to have at the beginning so I don't have to go shopping while I am recovering.  Congrats on your twins!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#7 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 AM

I am a 36G and I like my Anita nursing bra I go from a store called intimacy. I love it

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page