"Regular bras" for nursing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2013, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all. It's probably too early for me to buy a nursing bra (29 weeks) but I can't help but browse to see what's out there. I'm wondering if any of you ladies have had any luck using "normal bras" for nursing. I've heard great things about the blue canoe Jane Plus bra but I don't like the look or the price.

I used to rock out the nomad's blush bra in size small pre-pregnancy. The band size still fits but my boobs def. spill out of it. I'm wondering if buying a size or two up in their 2013 styles would work?

http://nomadshempwear.com/category/womens/bras-underwear

Or any other suggestions?

Some things:

- I do not like underwire.

- I'd like it to be cute, but functionality wins if I have to choose.

- less than $30 if possible (this is hard it seems)

- my pre-preg size was 32 C. Now I'm probably a 32DD I think. I've been free boobing it or sports bras but that's my guess just based on look/feel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 06:38 AM

After three kids, with the knowledge that I had used "normal" bras for years when the nursing bras where in the wash I finally caved and didn't buy new nursing bras. Yes, you will stretch them out by pulling them down to nurse. You will still likely get a year of use out of them, and the $$$ I've spent on nursing bras that have had parts break made me not worry about it.

Baby #4 has just weaned, and I don't regret the bra choices I made.

I say, wear what make you comfortable! And the one you posted looks like it would be easy to pull down to nurse.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 AM

For the past 3 children I have been using a demi-style bra from Victoria's Secret for nursing. I like the support, the light lining, etc.

I just pull my boob out nurse. I get 18 months or so out of each bra and I wear one bra 99% of the time.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM

I use nursing bras for the first year when I am constAntly nursing then switch to a regular bra. As far as pre buying I have it hard since they change so much in size

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}

User Tag List