Advice on solids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to keep breastfeeding as long as DD wants. She is now 8 months and doesn't eat much solid food. I try to offer veggie or fruit once a day. She will only eat it when I mix in BM, which isn't easy since I only get a small amount when I pump.
My question is, how much solids should I be giving at each month? We have a schedule from our ped, but it looks like a lot to me. Looking for advice from BTDT moms who continued to breastfeed at least 1 year. TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I am breastfeeding a 3yo and a 7mo. We did/do baby-led weaning with both of them and adopted the mantra "food before one is just for fun". We gave them fruit, veggies and meat that we were eating but didn't expect it to actually form part of their nutrition.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 06-22-2013, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

We've never paid much attention to how much. Until around one they are really just for fun and getting her used to eating them. As long as she continues to breastfeed regularly she should be getting all the nutrition she needs. 

But for reference, my current 11 month likes to eat with us at every meal and can eat about 1/4 a cup I think. She can down one of those pouches of pureed fruits and veggies really fast too. 

User Tag List