7 month old refusing solids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am ebfing, and my lo is almost 7 months old. He is completely refusing any and all solids. I mean gags and squishes his face up....it's not happening lol. Tonight I gave him a carrot stick off my plate and he immediately put in in his mouth and shivered and gagged and was so over it lol. When should I be worried? I know some moms EBF for longer than a year but I would think his reaction should change at some point right?

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 PM

One of mine never took any solids until 9 1/2 months. By then he started off on soft finger foods. Since then I've just started the rest of the kids when they could start on table foods. No need for making or buying baby foods.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#3 of 6 Old 08-05-2013, 08:32 PM

My daughter was 11 months old before she would eat any solids. Before that she would gag and push out any food. She still had the tongue thrust reflex. It was HARD having a walking child that was EBF... We sure didn't sleep through the night, she needed so many calories. I tried many different foods and textures... Nothing worked until she was 11 months old or so.

Once she started eating, though.... She ate EVERYTHING. She has always been a marvelously un-picky eater. Here we are ten years later, and it still wigs me out to see a five month old baby eating solids. Mine was just so much older when she was ready.
#4 of 6 Old 08-08-2013, 03:20 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

As long as you nurse on demand, nutrition isn't an issue. There is nothing you could offer your baby that is a better source of any nutrient. Just keep offering...at some point he will become interested. This is peek teething discomfort time for a lot of babies and that makes them unwilling to explore things in their mouth.

My last LO starts solids at 7m and 8m he is just barely interested. Purees confounded him. He didn't like BLW "chunks." Didn't like cold. Didn't like warm. But I finally made a little progress when I handed him a big hunk of ripe, peeled peach the other day. Hum, he thought, that tastes good. We also had a little success with a squeezie tube of mango puree. It think the very soft texture was appealing. We don't do them every day

#5 of 6 Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
One of mine was 11 months before she'd have any solids. When she was ready, it was obvious - she just started grabbing food and eating it. She's 11 and very healthy now.
#6 of 6 Old 08-09-2013, 05:13 AM

My youngest, who turns 6 this october, didn't eat any solid foods until the month she turned one. She still had opportunities, but wouldn't actually consume food. Any finger food given to her was explored and then dropped for the dog. 

She is still little, in terms of weight, but is very normal for height.

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)

Tags
Baby , Baby Food

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page