bruised nipples? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-26-2004, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been pumping since ds was a week old (about 2 weeks total), and have noticed in the last 3-4 days that my nipples are purpleish and really sore. I think they are bruised!

I pumped for 5 months with ds #1, and never had this probelm...

I have reduced the times a day that I pump, and lessened the suction ( I have a new Medela Pump In Style). Is there anything that I can do to help heal the bruising without sacrificing pumping? I don't want my milk supply to go down any more than it has.

Thanks for any suggestions you have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2004, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
maybe you are pumping to much or the pump is not sitting correctly? your nipples shouldnt be bruised, and i can imagine that would be pretty painful why has your milk supply gone down? are you still putting your babe to the breast or just feeding him pumped milk?
as far as healing the bruising goes, you need to find out why you are bruising first before it can be fixed. putting a slice of raw onion on the bruised portion will heal the bruise quickly...it sounds awful, but it works fast. wear the onion like a breastpad, just wash before you nurse or pump again, and replace afterwards with a fresh slice. i bet the bruises will be gone in less than a day.

i hope something helps

User Tag List