Throwing up then wants to nurse again - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-30-2013, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
lovemylab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I might have a little over supply which is generally the case with a little spit up. But the last two days my 12 week old nurses and when I go to sit him up to burp he throws up a bunch. Not sure how much but enough to cover both of us. And then even after that he has a few more episodes of spit up. Of course then he wants to eat again and we do this whole dance all over again. Another piece of information is my two year old seems to have a cold. The baby doesn't have a fever. Any thought if what the heck is going on? Should I be concerned. He still has pee and poop diapers. Maybe a little less poop then normal.
#2 of 4 Old 08-30-2013, 03:15 PM
fruitfulmomma

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Quite possibly oversupply with overactive let down which is filling his tummy up to fast. 

It could be a bit of a tummy bug or possibly even food intolerance, so you can keep an eye on it, but I would not be too concerned unless there are worsening and/or other symptoms going on.

#3 of 4 Old 09-02-2013, 01:45 PM
BabySmurf

DD would do that if I didn't burp her enough. She tends to swallow a ton of air while trying to keep up with flow, and that can result in a bunch of vomit/spitup when the gas comes back up. Could also be a sign of food intolerance.

Mommy to DS born 11-10-10  wave.gifAnd DD born 6-3-13 baby.gif  

#4 of 4 Old 09-05-2013, 11:33 AM
inconditus

DD would do that if she ate too much. I started limiting the amount that she could eat when she was fussy/seemed like she had a tummy ache. It resulted in her eating more often.... but much less throwup and she's easier to burp. I also try to wait 20 minutes after puke to feed again to let her stomach settle. Sometimes she won't let me but I at least try not to nurse her again right away.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page