Pumping and traveling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-19-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

My husband and I will be traveling for 3 days with our son (10 months old.)  I will need to pump while we're gone, but I'm not sure how often I will need to do it to maintain my supply?  (baby nurses around 5-7 times/day)  Any info would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 09-19-2013, 01:23 PM

It's best to pump as often as your baby would nurse and about the same times, if that isn't feasible, try to pump as close to that as you can. And honestly that will probably be most comfortable for you anyway, being engorged and leaking is not fun. And I'd pump 15-20 minutes unless you are able to get a ton out in less time than that. You can probably cut yourself some slack since it is only a 3 day trip, but from my pumping experience working FT, my body adjusts very quickly to a lack of demand, so I wouldn't want to slack off too much. YMMV though!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#3 of 3 Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much!  This is definitely helpful.  I'm going to try to pump at least 4 times a day while we're gone to try to keep things about the same!  I'm hoping since it's a short trip my body will adjust back quickly once we're home!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page