proof that my child is too old for nursing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

About a year ago, he said, and I think I started a thread just like this to share, "I'm not thirsty, I'm nursty!"  lol  I thought that was a pretty sure sign that he was getting too old.  Now, today he's nursing (we're down to about 5 min most days and every once in a while we'll skip a day) and he says "wop wop wop, nursing gangham style...  heyyyyyyy sexy lady..."  Oh my!  

And just for the record, I don't really believe he's "too old" nor do I know what that is.  But I am starting to feel like this is dragging on a bit.  :)

Quinalla and dinahx like this.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#2 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 09:06 PM

I feel you! I actually make self-effacing jokes because my dearest BFF had to wean @ 1 year each time (chronic nursing pain) so she teases me a lot. I tease her about teasing me by making 'do you think my child is too old to nurse when . . . ' jokes.

Mine nurse over 3, so I get a lot of material! Very recently my LOs had a funny conversation, where my younger one said 'I don't need to nurse mama, I'm not crying' & my older one was like 'You don't just nurse when you're crying! You nurse when you just feel like it!' It was hilarious b/c my older one is so much more nurse-tastic than my other one, even tho both have nursed longer than most.
Heba likes this.
#3 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Aww, that's too cute!  My older one is always telling my younger one, in a bit of a pissy tone, that he's lucky that he still gets to nurse but he won't be able to do it forever.  lol  

dinahx likes this.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#4 of 5 Old 10-07-2013, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mine is almost 3. He says things like one is strawberry & one is chocolate. One day, it was a biology lesson "Kitties dwink dis boo...puppies dwink dat boo. Fwoggy no dwink boo." Lately, when he lays down to nurse for nap, he says he is a baby kittycat. smile.gif
rubidoux and Heba like this.

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#5 of 5 Old 10-22-2013, 10:15 PM

Mine likes to brag to her friends "my mommies num-nums are the best and just for me!" usually accompanied by illustrative hand gestures that meant titty-twister when I was a teen. And she tells daddy that his num-nums are no good...he should try harder. (Ha!)
rubidoux likes this.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page