You know you are a Breastfeeding mama when... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 11-29-2013, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Excellent list, ladies! Mine is when you choose which baby carrier you'll use on an errand depending on the placement of leaked milk and baby spit up that day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 53 Old 11-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Amazing! Lots of LOLs from hubby and me, though I don't experience many of these ups and downs as a mom who needs to supplement (my diaper bag is huge, and so is my body)

I LOVE the idea of telling someone they can go put blanket over THEIR heads and the thought of a little boy wanting to bf his kids someday. So sad!

Here's mine:

When you stand in your closet, mourn the fact that between nursing and body changes from pregnancy you have only three things to wear, and then go fish them out of the laundry.

When you THINK you desperately miss sexy touches on your breasts, but as soon as hubby attempts to, you angrily bat his hands away. No touching!

When you glow with mama love when your baby starts caressing you and patting you while nursing. So sweet!

When LOs first time rolling over was when you brought her close to you for side lying nursing.

That feeling like it's never going to end... But you kind of wish it would because you are tired.

joy.gif

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#33 of 53 Old 12-21-2013, 07:26 PM

When you constantly have to untangle your nursing bras from your tank top straps.  

When the UPS guy is afraid to look when you open the door because last time you forgot to put your boob back.  

When your husbands only solution to a crying babe is to yell "It's BOOBY tiiiiiime!"

Springshowers and 2Roses like this.

Kalista, happily married to my best friend , mama to 4 fabulous kids!
#34 of 53 Old 12-23-2013, 06:54 PM

When teething is just as painful for you as baby.

"Oh, poor baby!" "Thanks, I'm doing better though." :odd look person giving the little biter sympathy:

#35 of 53 Old 12-23-2013, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inconditus View Post

When teething is just as painful for you as baby.

"Oh, poor baby!" "Thanks, I'm doing better though." :odd look person giving the little biter sympathy:

Somebody gets me.
inconditus likes this.
#36 of 53 Old 01-17-2014, 12:44 PM

I had to revive this because this thread cracks me up. 

Mine is when your 4 yo old DS hands your 19 mo old DS his baby doll and says, "your baby is crying, brother, time to nurse!"

and when anyone asks your 19 mo old what a small animal figure is, he says "mama cow" turns it over, points to the udder and says "nurse".  And if it happens to be an anatomically correct animal, says "daddy cow", turns it over points and says "memis, no nurse". 

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#37 of 53 Old 01-21-2014, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
When your friend's toddler starts nursing her dolls after you hang out together.

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#38 of 53 Old 01-21-2014, 09:00 PM

Good plan to not nurse from a memis. ;-)
#39 of 53 Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndtheStars View Post

...when anyone asks your 19 mo old what a small animal figure is, he says "mama cow" turns it over, points to the udder and says "nurse".  And if it happens to be an anatomically correct animal, says "daddy cow", turns it over points and says "memis, no nurse". 

:rotflmaothat is too funny - you have a very sharp little one!

For me, it's when I forget to pull my hands-free pumping bralette out from under my shirt when I arrive at home/work/the store after pumping on my commute. It's bright red, and I've caught it trailing from my clothes or falling on the ground a couple times. It makes me feel like I'm tracking a piece of TP, but for something even more private! :blush

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#40 of 53 Old 02-05-2014, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

when your 5 year old sons say mommy your give the baby mommy milk instead of mommy in a can

inconditus and Backroads like this.

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#41 of 53 Old 02-06-2014, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When you try to calculate how many liters of milk you've produced (I'm still flabbergasted by the fact that I can make food!:D)

#42 of 53 Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 PM

When you break into a speechless blush because a male executive at your company asks you if you want to trade lunches while gesturing towards your cooler which is not full of food, but freshly pumped milk.
pokeyac and Backroads like this.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#43 of 53 Old 02-07-2014, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
When you have a boppy at home and one in the car. Which have been affectionately dubbed the "boobie pillows"

You have to make your 10 year old push the cart in the store because the baby gets way too excited and touchy feely with you in the middle of the store.

DD makes her littlest pet shops and lego people nurse their babies.
2Roses likes this.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#44 of 53 Old 02-11-2014, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unuselyriver View Post

when your 5 year old sons say mommy your give the baby mommy milk instead of mommy in a can

Gotta admit, Mommy in a Can would be an awesome formula brand name.

--Breastfeeding----2nd grade Teaching----Cosleeping----Cloth Diapering -- --Bookworm Mom
#45 of 53 Old 02-16-2014, 05:04 AM

...when it takes you an hour to realise that you have been walking about the house with a boobie hanging out.

... when you lift the heavy nappy bin with pride. That was all ME!

... when your bra smells of sour milk.

... when your baby start sleeping through, but you can't, because Candy and Trixi the milky titties are exploding.

#46 of 53 Old 02-22-2014, 01:06 AM

You know you are a breast feeding/pumping Mama when you might actually cry over spilt milk!
farmermomma and 2Roses like this.

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#47 of 53 Old 02-22-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoBird View Post

You know you are a breast feeding/pumping Mama when you might actually cry over spilt milk!

I feel ya there. I know it wasn't a milk maker that coined that stupid phrase.
inconditus and CocoBird like this.
#48 of 53 Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 AM

You know your a breastfeeding mamma when you try to wear a regular bra and you lay on the ground to play with baby and he starts crying because he can't crawl to your boob that fell out and didn't even know.
inconditus likes this.
#49 of 53 Old 02-26-2014, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
When your getting dressed and noticed all your white Camis have yellow spots on the chest. Gross
inconditus likes this.

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

#50 of 53 Old 02-26-2014, 09:03 PM

When your bicycle mechanic partner exclaims, "I found the best pump!" you go running to check out the new breast pump.
kimble likes this.

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#51 of 53 Old 02-26-2014, 09:06 PM

When you consider getting a babysitter for a night out instead of bringing your toddler along to the event as originally planned *just* so you can wear the (non-nursing friendly) dress that you really want to wear!

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#52 of 53 Old 02-26-2014, 09:08 PM

Your toddler has breast pump parts in his toy box, and sometimes holds them to his chest and pretends to pump his milk!
inconditus, incredikat and 2Roses like this.

#53 of 53 Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet View Post

Your toddler has breast pump parts in his toy box, and sometimes holds them to his chest and pretends to pump his milk!

Or your 8-year-old knows how to reassemble the bloody thing better than you do!

inconditus likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page