Can't get enough to eat! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-27-2013, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Ok, I have always been a good eater but this is just insane. The last week or so, I literally cannot get enough to eat. For breakfast I have a big bowl of oatmeal with fruit, nuts, and coconut oil. For lunch it's leftovers or rice pasta with chicken sausage. For dinner, anybody's guess but a lot of it! My LC got me hooked on this coconut frozen dessert since I had to give up dairy...OMG. Unbelievable. I justify to myself that it's healthy because it's coconut and has agave syrup instead of white sugar. LOL. Nevermind it has about a million calories per pint..which I finish off in one sitting!

Do you think it's my body trying to ramp up production or what? I know supply levels off at about four months so maybe it's getting ready for that. My LO is a bit over three months old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-28-2013, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

LOL! I eat the same coconut "ice cream" as I don't do dairy either! I LOVE IT!

When I was breastfeeding my children, I was famished all the time. I guess I was one of those moms who just needed the food. I started my first and second full term pregnancies underweight, and I guess my body was trying to fix itself. I also was hungry all the time while I was pregnant (except for the pregnancy I miscarried between my first and second babies. I am assuming my body just knew something was wrong.)

I knew as long as I was eating good healthy food my body would tell me what I needed. I had never been an overeater before, so I trusted by body to guide me. Your baby looks nice and plump, so I'm guessing you're doing the right thing. :eat

The "ice cream" with agave syrup only has 100 calories per serving, so don't worry about it. I'm in perimenopause now, and I HAVE to worry about calories, you probably don't. :Hug

I know, despite my eating a lot when I was breastfeeding (at least for the first 6 months or so) I lost my pregnancy weight quickly, luckily for many women, breastfeeding does that.

When my babies started solid food between 6 to 8 months I found my appetite waned a lot. I was still making a lot of milk (my kids nursed until toddlerhood and my youngest nursed until well into nursery school) Your appetite will probably adjust itself as your baby gets older.

For now, your body is only making sure you stay healthy so you can feed your sweet little son and stay healthy! Keep up the good work, Mama. You know I'm so proud of you. :Hug:joy:thumb:flowersforyou 

Attachment Parenting: The radical notion that children are human. bfinfant.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page