Toxics n breastmilk - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies,
I just had a friend who was told "
research is starting to show that women have so many pollutants/toxins in their BM and are passing them on to their babies. Even if they were "clean" during pregnancy makes no difference. These are toxins from childhood, like plastics, that never leave the body. Not to mention, with all of the vaccines we have been given, we are not doing a good job of passing on any natural immunities."

I of course think this is crap- but would love some advice on how to respond in a mature Scientific way ;-). Thanks for
The help!!!

Katy
#2 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 07:12 AM

Cows do the exact same thing. Especially conventional cows. I don't regularly have my skin coated with a pesticide, permethrin, to keep off flies, but conventional cows do!
rachelsmama likes this.
#3 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 AM

And the best rebuttal is 'yes, true, we live in a sad world, but it is still so much better to BF, isn't that incredible!'
mamapigeon likes this.
#4 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katy1844 View Post

Hello ladies,
I just had a friend who was told "
research is starting to show that women have so many pollutants/toxins in their BM and are passing them on to their babies. Even if they were "clean" during pregnancy makes no difference. These are toxins from childhood, like plastics, that never leave the body. Not to mention, with all of the vaccines we have been given, we are not doing a good job of passing on any natural immunities."

I of course think this is crap- but would love some advice on how to respond in a mature Scientific way ;-). Thanks for
The help!!!

Katy

Sure, babies aren't getting protection from things like measles anymore, but breastfed babies are still getting some protection from all those colds, and intestinal bugs, etc....that are in circulation, while formula doesn't offer protection against any of those.

dinahx likes this.
#5 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Breast milk from even the most malnourished, junk food eating, toxin loaded mom is still worlds better than formula.

#6 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 12:36 PM

my response would be, i hope you aren't feeding your baby bm! lol gross. sorry, couldn't help myself. 

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#7 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayosgirl87 View Post

Breast milk from even the most malnourished, junk food eating, toxin loaded mom is still worlds better than formula.

And where do you get this from? There's no way it's true.

Anyway, as for the original question, it is true that we pass on lots of junk and toxins to our kids through breastfeeding. I don't know how it affects immunology though.

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page