Fussing while nursing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lately, my 4 1/2 month old baby sometimes squirms and fusses a lot while nursing. I have had no supply issues this far, and she is 16.3 lbs so she has gained wait well, but lately when she fusses while nursing, I worry she is not getting enough milk. Or is it just that I think she wants to nurse but maybe she doesn't really? She usually clearly refuses if she doesn't want to. I have a very happy baby most of the time. But when sh starts fussing and squirming and kicking while nursing, I'm not sure what's going on. Anyone have any insight?

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#2 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sometimes my daughter does this because she is overtired and doesn't really want to nurse as much as sleep. She nibbles and then pulls away and I usually take her off the breast, put her to sleep, and feed her when she wakes again.

She also used to do this when we had thrush, due to the discomfort.

Sometimes it's gas, and a minute upright for the trick to get it out.

Sometimes she does it and I have no idea why. I just lay her down or cuddle her until she seems to calm down, and then we try again.

It's annoying isn't it? It drives me crazy when we are NIP, and instead of having this nice, efficient, 20 min session, it throws off whatever I am doing by like an hour.

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#3 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks lol it's helpful just to know this is a frustration for others as well. This time she had to poop and was happy after that, but other times it seems to be for a different reason, or I have no idea what the reason is.

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page