Mothering Forum banner

Best Electric Pump for Occasional Pumping

410 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  verdant 
#1 ·
I am considering conceiving a 4th child, and I am trying to plan ahead. After horrible engorgement and mastitis issues (with all of my babies, but especially with my 3rd), I swore that if I ever had another child, I would make sure to get an electric breast pump, as I just couldn't get enough milk out with my manual Lansinoh pump to make any difference. Mostly I just want to use an electric pump for the first couple of months after birth in order to relieve engorgement and establish a modest supply of pumped milk in the freezer "just in case" anything happened to me.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pump to use for these purposes? I want something that works and is reliable, but I don't necessarily need the top-of-the-line, since it will probably be only for short-term use, and because I am a stay-at-home mom, so I will usually be with my baby.

#3 ·
Check with your health insurance carrier. My medela pump in style was fully covered.

Reactions: verdant
#4 ·
I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your Lansinoh manual pump. I can't speak to the manual version but I am currently using the electric version and Iove it! It has multiple settings with various suctions and speeds to help an engorged mama out. I found the factory settings to be satisfactory. The only down side to this is, while it does have a battery operated mode it doesn't seem to be as powerful as the adapter mode. Good luck on your search and happy conceiving!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.