can pregnancy drop your supply? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-29-2014, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had a still born a little while ago and have been pumping and donating the milk.  Suddenly the last two days (though I am pumping the same amount) my supply seems less.  I may or may not be pregnant (we were not preventing not trying) and wondered if that has anything to do with the drop in supply

Loving wife hug2.gif and Mama to hippie.gifBella (11), joy.gifArydona (6), guitar.gifKai (5) and Trin candle.gif born sleeping on 12/21/13 makebabe.gif ttc our next bundle of joy! ....intactlact.gif,hang.gif  homeschool.gif  
#2 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm sorry for your loss, granolamommie. Yes, being pregnant can cause a dip in supply. Getting your cycle back can also cause a dip that would be temporary during that part of your cycle.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I second pokey.

I have breastfed through 3 pregnancies and with all 3 when I was starting to ovulate again but didnt really know I was seeing fussiness in the nursling that related to a dip in supply. And once I conceived it slowly dwindled more and more. I can't hand express anything now at almost 17 weeks but my youngest still nurses frequently for comfort.

I am sorry for your loss! I had a stillborn at 37 weeks in 2006 and had such a hard time when my milk came in :( I did not have a pump and did not think to donate as you are. I think what you are doing is great! I wish you the best!

ME lady.gif + DH tiphat.gif = heartbeat.gif Parents to DD1 (12) photosmile2.gif   DD2 (9) blahblah.gif  DS1 (7) angel2.gif  DS2 (6) & DS3 (4) fencing.gif

DS4(1) jog.gif Expecting DD3 (7-14) stork-girl.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well I ovulated a little over a week ago and I just noticed it dip yesterday/ 2 days ago. Thank you for the condolences

Loving wife hug2.gif and Mama to hippie.gifBella (11), joy.gifArydona (6), guitar.gifKai (5) and Trin candle.gif born sleeping on 12/21/13 makebabe.gif ttc our next bundle of joy! ....intactlact.gif,hang.gif  homeschool.gif  
#5 of 5 Old 02-09-2014, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

aww i am so sorry for your loss mamma and yes pregnancy can cause a dip in your milk supply and plus when your period comes back in can cause a dip too

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page