Oversupply to low supply?!? What happened - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2014, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby is almost 6mths old and my supply has all of the sudden become extremely low. I use to have a bad case of oversupply when she was born. After straightening everything out things were going great. Within the past week or so I have noticed that my supply seems a lot less. Any suggestions on getting my supply back up? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

i would start take fennel and fenugreek and blessed thistle that has help my supply greatly but mine has been low just about from the start

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
Old 02-06-2014, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Has your period come back? That can cause a temporary dip in supply. What makes you believe your supply is too low? Is baby still having plenty of wet and dirty diapers? How many times per day does baby nurse? Perhaps your supply is just evening out after having the oversupply.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Yes. My period came back at 6 weeks. ugh!  I know this will sound crazy but it just feels like it.  My breasts don't feel as heavy.  Also, when I pump I hardly get any out.  I literally use to be able to get 5 oz in about 5 minutes ( oversupply) but now I can barely get an ounce sometimes.  I just started taking Fenugreek.  I will monitor her diapers more tomorrow.  Good idea :)  The baby nurses 5-6 times a day.  I started solids at 5 months with her.  Thank you for responding! 

Old 02-15-2014, 03:59 PM

Did you start birth control? Are you sick? 

How long do you have to pump to get that 1 oz? How much do you get if you pump for 15-20 mins?

User Tag List