Have you ever breastfed someone else's baby? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Have you ever breastfed someone else's baby?
Yes 15 34.88%
No 22 51.16%
Is there another potential option? Hmm well here's a spot for you. 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2014, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

i voted yes cause i breastfeed my sister baby when she ran off and left her with me for three days with nothing to feed her but one bottle and i had no money to get any formula at the time

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Breastfed the baby of someone I was mentoring - baby was having latching problems, everybody was getting frustrated, and I wanted to see if I could figure out what was wrong.

Also pumped and donated to a friend who was hospitalized with PPP after the birth of her first child, and was on medication afterward that was not BF-safe.

My first never cross-nursed because I was always there, but I would be okay with it for the new baby as long as I was comfortable with the wet nurse.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

Old 02-15-2014, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledvwlch View Post

Breastfed the baby of someone I was mentoring - baby was having latching problems, everybody was getting frustrated, and I wanted to see if I could figure out what was wrong.

Yes!  I have done this too!  It wasn't that her latch was off, but her mom kept saying she was "moving her tongue weird" and so like three of us nursed her at a meetup to see if we could figure out the issue lol.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I never nursed another baby, but I would if needed, I have no problem with it.  I would also not have a problem if for some reason I needed a trusted person to nurse my baby.  I did pump a bunch for a friend.

That being said, I was nursed by my aunt when I was a newborn.  I love hearing the story and feel extra close to that aunt.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 02-17-2014, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A close friend had a medical procedure when her baby was a little under a year old. she had to be away all day so I stopped in twice to nurse her LO. She fed hungrily. My DD was already 2 but I still had tons of milk. I made the mistake of nursing her from my left which was starting to lose milk and caused a painful engorgement. I felt comfortable doing this because I had been tested and cleared to donate milk to a milk bank. I would not let my kids nurse from someone who had not been tested and monogamous and all that because of risk of infection...

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
Old 02-18-2014, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I nursed my niece. My sister had never breastfed successfully so she was trouble shooting trying to see if the problem was with her or the baby.The baby could latch on but she didn't have a strong enough suckle to receive any milk. IDK what would have happened back in the day before bottles...

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
The third option could be "I would be happy to nurse someone else's baby but haven't had the opportunity".
Old 02-20-2014, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't, but I've donated breastmilk. And I would if there were a situation where it was needed in an emergency or something.

Book loving, editor mom to 2

User Tag List