Nursing Chair for Toddler - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-13-2014, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are closing on a house soon, and will be moving from a single bedroom to a large house. My daughter will be 12 months at the time of the move, but I plan on nursing until at least age two. We are used to nursing in a lazy-boy style recliner in the living room, but the chair will be downstairs in the living room in the new house. I am looking for a nursing solution that I can use upstairs. I have tried nursing her in the bed, and I found it to not be supportive enough. I have tried a few nursing chairs in relative's houses and shopping mall nursing lounges, and I find that the arms irritate the crap out of both me and my daughter. She is not very big, but she kicks the arm while nursing, and it is so uncomfortable.

So, I am looking at another lazy-boy style recliner, or a futon, or armless chair, or low arm chair, or a "swoop chair," with low curved arms. Anyone have experience with any of these options, or have other suggestions for a toddler? We still use a Boppy Pillow for nighttime nursing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-23-2014, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I would get another lazy boy recliner like the one you will have downstairs or move the one downstairs upstairs and get another chair for downstairs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page