EBF mam feeling frustrated - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey everyone! im new here...iust needed some support and advice..so in my previous life i was an architect, now im a mama! ive been exclusively breastfeeding my nine month ood beautiful baby girl..i wont say it has been easy, mostly because she doesntt latch on properly and only takes the nipple...so it hurts quite a bit..initially i tried everything that i could but she didnt latch on properly, so thats how its been going on. as of the last 3 months shes been teething so she bites as well *ouch* so its gotten worse. plus shes not really taking any solids (im guessing cuz of the teething) so i feel like im always breastfeeding. n since we cosleep she wont stay asleep, EVER, if i dont lie down with her. lately ive been feeling pretty frustrated because i nurse her through the night every 1-2 hours and in the moring i just feel like i ran a marathon all achy breaky...n i sortof feel like im wasting my talent and my life...greensad.gif i just wanna know how i can feel better about my life right now, cuz its pretty much me n her all day, all night. and how can i make her stay asleep without me around and also do u think she'll ever latch on fine??
#2 of 2 Old 04-30-2014, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

:Hug

Was she ever checked for tongue tie? That can making latching pretty difficult for some babies.

Not sure about the night feeding, not being able to get up. My oldest was like that but it didn't really bother me way back then. My girls haven't been quite as needy. Elizabeth Pantly has a couple of books on sleeping. I haven't read them myself but see them get recommened pretty frequently - http://www.pantley.com/elizabeth/books/index.html

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page