breastfeeding stunting weightloss? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2014, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
breastfeeding stunting weightloss?

Before 3 weeks post baby I noticed I was loosing weight at a good rate. I was and am currently breastfeeding my baby. I was just taking walks almost every day. My pre pregnancy weight was 125-130ish lbs. I was 137 lbs at my post natal checkup. (My full term weigh was 165 lbs.) Then 2 weeks later (5 weeks) I weighed myself, because I wanted to weigh the baby, and I got 134 lbs. Then I started exercising again after 5 weeks post baby after I got the go ahead from my MD. 2 days of weigh lifting 2 sets of each exercise and 1 day of metabolic work which was 2-3 rounds of squats, jumping jacks, mt climbers… I noticed that 7 weeks post baby my weight was 135 lbs. I noticed that right around the time I started exercising more my weight stopped dropping. Could this be due to the added exercise? Could the exercise be causing to much stress by taking the calories that my breast milk needs so my body holds on to the extra weight to protect my milk supply? Has anyone experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2014, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
You could be adding more muscle, or you could be one of those women who hold onto about 10-15 pounds until you are done breastfeeding. Maybe if you add a few more calories back in, you might see some weight loss.

User Tag List