night time weaning for 12 mo baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-13-2014, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
night time weaning for 12 mo baby

Hey everyone! Im looking to weaning my 12 months old baby girl.. Any ideas? We co sleep and she literally nurses through the night 1-2 hrs later.. N since she has a bad latch,i havent beem able to sleep since a whole year! So suggestions please! Also she literally doesnt take solids, is it normal for breastfed babies? My mom says the baby doesn't eat cuz she thinks if shed eat ill wean her.. I dont think shes that bog of a plotter, just yet!lol
#2 of 2 Old 07-13-2014, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Many breastfeed babies don't consume much in the way of solids until 18 months or so. They may try a bit of everything but without an appreciable quantity being consumed. Night nursing between 1-5 am is actually one of the best times for baby to nurse because milk production is at its best, prolactin levels are highest in mother, which means her milk production is high. You may notice baby swallowing a lot and then being quite satiated, rolling over and going to sleep. Night time milk has the highest level of melatonin in it also, which induces sleep, daytime milk does not.
In other words, night weaning may not lead to more sleep for baby and may take away a main source of nutrition.
Are you home with baby during the day? Do you nap with her? If so, this may be a good place to gain some sleep.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page