Nipple twiddlers?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2014, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Nipple twiddlers??

My 15 month old will not stop tweaking my other nipple as he nurses on the other!!! It is driving me insane; if I put my boob away so he can't he screams and screams until he gets it!!! Any other mamas experiencing this??? Or have any tricks to get him to stop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My lactation consultant told me they do that to help your milk let down. So they don't do it just to gross you out although that doesn't mean you have to allow it. My child is only 9 months and does not yet do this, so I will read replies from other mamas.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hmmm I wonder if it's because I'm pregnant and my milk supply is lower, he's trying to get the milk supply to come pouring out like it used to?

Old 08-22-2014, 04:33 PM

My first DS did the same thing - it drove me out of my mind!! Come to think of it, he started doing it around the time he really got into solid foods and my supply dropped, and again when I was pregnant, so maybe there's something to the let-down stimulation theory. My DS2 weaned himself around 15 mos, but DD did the fiddling as well...she is 3.5yo and weaned, but STILL does it when she snuggles on me!!

I would just gently tell him that hurts mommy, tuck away my boob and give him something else to fiddle with. A nursing necklace may be helpful, with a large stone or something that he can rub...pink quartz might be nice and soothing.

Good luck - hope you find something that works for you!

Mostly SAH mama with DS1, 8yo DS2, 5yo DD1, 3yoDD2, born Aug 2014 & my awesome DH
Old 08-24-2014, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mine massages my breast and tweaks the nipple. I dont mind the massaging but the tweaking really hurts! So I just try and make sure the other breast is covered, lol.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My DD likes to let go of the one she is nursing on and push and twiddle with it. It's funny until she pulls on it.
Personally I think it's just babies/toddlers doing what they do - play and inspect.
I do try to get DD interested in something else, but it has yet to work.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:45 PM

I just cover my other side, either with a shirt or with my hand! I hate the middle of the night when I'm sitting there with my hand covering me, so I try to wear a shirt to bed so I can just have one side out at a time. I also tell her no-no touch! only eat! if she gets at me, but she's still kind of little (16 months) to really get it.

User Tag List