Best Nursing Bras - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-12-2014, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Best Nursing Bras

Well I guess this is the right place to ask this...

I'm looking for better nursing bras. I bought some when I had DD 10 months ago, but they are all wore out. And I'm pregnant with #2 so I've got countless months of nursing ahead of me.

So tell me please, of the ones you love and even the ones you hate?
#2 of 6 Old 08-13-2014, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I love Hotmilk bras. You can order from their website. They are pretty and I like the way they fit. They are made with regular bra materials not the microfiber stuff so many nursing bras seem to be made out of. They have good sales too. I bought my bras here after trying ones from Medela, Bravado, Target and Motherhood Maternity.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 6 Old 08-18-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I bought all my nursing bras from Target, and I hate them all. Target makes great nursing camisoles (with shelf bra) which I was wearing all the time on maternity leave earlier this summer and will wear as undershirts when the weather gets colder; if you are small-busted they have adequate support. But Target's nursing BRAS of the 3 different styles I bought are all uncomfortable, stiff in the wrong places, and oddly proportioned, at least compared to my body. One style looks really lumpy under clothes, while the others are so padded that it's difficult to get the cup out of the way for nursing.

I found that the bras I was wearing while pregnant (a larger size of the bras I had been wearing for a few years before getting pregnant) work as nursing bras!! They are Barely There Invisible Look Wirefree sold at Kohl's and other stores. They have "convertible straps" which means the front end of the strap detaches from the cup so that you can crisscross the straps if you want. The fastener is a snap kind of thing that stays together really well (never comes undone in the washing machine, even) but can be quickly undone with one hand when you want to, with a little practice. It took more practice to get good at refastening with one hand, but now I've got it down. The fastener is less of an issue than the fact that when it's undone the strap is totally detached from the cup, and it's stretchy, so if you move around while nursing the strap can escape down your back. Still, this is a good enough solution (and so comfortable!) that I'm not looking for other nursing bras unless I see a big sale.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#4 of 6 Old 08-22-2014, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Found the "Seamless clip-down nursing bra" at Motherhood - good price, and it is awesomely dreamy-comfy!! No cups or wires, and decent support even for my crazy 34F-G size. Underwire bras tend to give me mastitis, so I steer clear of those now except for special occasions.

Still looking for a "pretty" nursing bra for those dress-up occasions - they have recently added some that look nice at Motherhood, but I've yet to try them out. I'll check out Hotmilk, too!

Mostly SAH mama with DS1, 8yo DS2, 5yo DD1, 3yoDD2, born Aug 2014 & my awesome DH
#5 of 6 Old 08-23-2014, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've given up on nursing bras. I hate how they look under clothes. My son is 18m, so we don't nurse much in public anymore, but I'm able to pull my boob out of regular bra in a pinch (I'm back to a 34B, so I'm sure that helps). I prefer to nurse topless at home, so off comes the regular bra or camisole. If I got pregnant again, I'd probably just try to find regular bras with front closures.

&
#6 of 6 Old 08-23-2014, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'll look into those.

I'm busty enough I need some real support...also I would like something lightly padded because once I no longer need pads my nipples stick out, and I don't like to wear lose clothing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page