Expressed breastmilk to daycare after 1 year - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2014, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile Expressed breastmilk to daycare after 1 year

Hello all!
I have a 14 month old and I've decided I want to continue to pump and send breastmilk to daycare with her.

As it stands now, I send 3 3oz bottles with her. One typically comes home untouched. She'll drink the other two in sippy cups (stras) or sometimes in the bottle before naptime. I think that's pretty rare at this point though.

It seems silly to send the milk in bottles when she doesn't actually drink from them. What are some other ideas for sending the milk that is travel-friendly, as in won't leak all over.

Are there any other mommas that send in pumped milk to daycare past one year? What's your routine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I sent pumped milk for my DD until she was 18 months. I think they thought I was nuts at her daycare, but they didn't say a word about it & were very nice about it. I sent her milk in pint-sized mason jars with bpa-free lids and metal rings. I started sending about 12 oz per day and then that went down to 8 oz per day as she got older. They would give her one bottle at nap time and then give the milk in cups at other times during the day. It worked out great & I would have continued pumping longer but we were TTC baby 2 and as long as I was pumping my cycle was crazy.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
A lot of bottles come with or have the option for a cap so you can send in the bottle basically as a small mason jar, sans nipple, and they can pour it into the right container. If her sippy cups are spill-proof, you could put them straight in that. (I know some of the straw ones close)

Old 09-08-2014, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I pump two 4 oz bottles for my 16 month old daughter every day. We just went down from 3 3.5 oz bottles because I wanted to stop pumping at night. I might try to cut this out by 18-20 months to give myself a break, but she still loves her bottles. I haven't given sippy cups because she never really has used them that well.

Tags
Daycare , Pumping , Toddler
User Tag List