Mothering Forum banner

Breastfeeding and ate pancetta and prosciutto without cooking is that bad for baby?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  amyc1688 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Please help I have a 3 month old that exclusively breastfeeds but I'm worried because I went to the store to buy prosciutto and pancetta. I saw them on the food network as ingredients they looked good and I got them both in small packaging and in squares. I assumed they were safe to eat like that without cooking because Italians eat me like that but now I'm second guessing myself and both scared and nervous for my baby who breastfeeds. I've been eating prosciutto in sandwiches for weeks just are them both together in a sandwich today and I got a terrible tummy ache. Will this hurt my baby too? Should I be worried about any bacteria from not cooking or is it ok?
the package says good on sandwiches soups salads and pizza but are they meant to be cooked? It doesn't say. Please help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.