Mothering Forum banner

Re-Do?

613 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pokeyac 
#1 ·
Hi Ladies!
I had to head back to work when my daughter, Ava, was about 6 weeks old. I had to be back at work in a slightly stressful, busy environment and was unable to pump as much as I'd like. Well, Ava is now 4 1/2 months and my supply has diminished (as expected). I continued to nurse in the mornings when she first woke up and sometimes in the afternoon throughout that time, but she was mostly on formula throughout the day while at childcare. Now my work environment has slowed down and I can make more time to pump while at work. I would like to try and increase my milk supply so I can pump while at work and nurse more. I started to introduce foods and she loves them! I don't need my supply to be really high, just enough :)
Oh, she continues to latch and nurse well, even with the introduction of food.

Has anyone had to deal with this? Is it too late to get a re-do? Any tips on gaining my milk supply?!

THANK YOU!

#2 ·
I have not had this experience, but I'd bet that pumping more often and being more relaxed will help to increase your supply. Also, on days when you're not at work, nurse her as often as possible and try to get through the day without formula.

Here's some information on foods that improve milk supply. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water, especially in the hour before pumping.

#3 ·
Nothing helps my supply like a nice, yummy tall drink an hour before. Smoothie, tea, hot chocolate, cool water, whatever sounds really good, that is what I grab. It helps me feel more relaxed when I pamper myself with my favorite thing to drink. Obviously water is the healthiest choice :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.