vaginal yeast infection, always leads to nipple yeast? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2004, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am on my 3rd round of antibiotics (yuk!) in the past 7 weeks and I have managed to stay yeast free so far. I had to start the 3rd round this past Saturday due to my 3rd bout of mastitis. I think I feel a vaginal yeast infection coming on. Is there a possibiltiy that it I can get it there and not anywhere else such as my nipples, baby, etc.? I have been taking acidophilous pills for the past 3 weeks since the 2nd round of antiobiotics.

Don't want thrush. This has been hard enough already!

Amy

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2004, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I didn't get nipple yeast when I had a yeast infection. So sorry you're dealing with this!

You can take (in addition to the acidolphilus) a homeopathic yeast remedy. One version is called AZO, and is sold next to the Monistat at Target. I take it every day to prevent myself from getting an infection (I am VERY prone), and haven't had one since starting it six months ago. Homeopathics are also safe to give to baby. You could crush a tablet, make a little paste of it, and put it in the baby's mouth as a preventative.

Hang in there!

User Tag List