many uses of breastmilk.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2004, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so my mother came up to me the other day and out of the blue said....

You know they say (& I am just wondering which 'they' she's talking about, cuz I'm sure I have yet to meet them)
if you have an ear ache, you are suppose to find a nursing mother and get her to squirt milk in your ear, and the ear ache will go away sooner

I said, uh I hope you don't have an ear ache, cuz I'm not squirting milk in your ear.

she didn't, but just thought I should know..... in case I get accosted by people with ear aches I suppose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2004, 12:06 PM

lol, Its actually true. When My children, my hubby, or I get an ear ache I express milk into a dish and we use an ear dropper to deposit it into the ear cancal and lay on our side for 5 minutes just like you would do with ear drops and usually within 1 maybe 2 days the earache is gone. But then with BF my kiddos they dont get many ear indfections anyway. lol We use breastmilk for diaper rash too clears it up in 1 to 2 applications. Cuts, scrapes, Eye infections. We love Breast milk! lol

Jamie
Old 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM

Yes, breastmilk is great for ear aches, ear infections, pink eye, eye infections, cuts, scrapes, rashes, excema, dry skin, warts and more! It's also given to some children and adults with various diseases because of the high quality nutrition and easy digestablity.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 07-11-2004, 10:19 PM

I'm currently applying breastmilk a couple times a day to a burn on my toddler's hand. It is healing well with no other treatment. Have used breastmilk on goopy infant eyes in the past. We were at the beach the other day and both my 5yo and my friend's 5yo got scraped up in the tide pools. My friend squirted them both and sent them on their way. So convenient!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:28 PM

Ummm... what!!

I did not know this! And I thought I knew it all!! :LOL :

This certainly is news to me! And I've had an earache for ever now. Didn't know I actually had a "home grown" remedy!!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:03 AM

Breastmilk Cures Warts
Check it out!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 07-12-2004, 10:16 AM

It's true!! Also works well for stuffy noses... spray a little up the nose and it works just as well (or better) than any medicine or nasal spray.

We should look into selling our "Cure All" :LOL
Old 07-12-2004, 12:46 PM

my 5 and 2.5 yr olds who are old enough to tell me say that the breastmilk stops the sting of cuts and scrapes immediatly too. I personally know that for eye irritations it stops the burning on contact. There is a list somewhere of other uses for breast milk... I think I will see if I can goggle it up....

Heres one list....
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/2330

Anyway, Im sure there are more uses. We just have to find them! lol

Jamie <~~~~ Who is currently using breastmilk for my youngests diaper rash.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:23 PM

ok, so wait... if I want it handy at the playground, for instance, can I pump a bit and leave it in my diaper bag? Will it still be viable a few hours later? Do I have to put it in an ice pack?

(please don't ask me to hand express right then and there, :LOL!)
Old 07-12-2004, 03:34 PM

yep, we use breastmilk for everything in our house. from dh's coffee (I've been blessed with an oversupply so I have a milk stash to satisfy a monster family, lol)
to aches and pains. Even stuff that I haven't heard of, like for example, I put breastmilk on a burn (I burned my finger while cooking) and the pain went away a couple hours later. (it usually lasts like a whole day)
I've also used breastmilk as treatment for a couple of stretchmarks on my belly (postpartum stretchmarks) dh thinks I'm nuts but I SWEAR it works.
I got the idea one time that I was nursing and I sprayed breastmilk onto my belly (I'm a sprayer lol) and I just thought "oh, wouldn't it be cool if breastmilk helped erase stretch marks?" and I've done it a couple times... with milk that's left over from ds's breastmilk bottle when dh feeds him (I wouldn't waste new milk on my belly, ofcourse)
Old 07-12-2004, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsprite
I said, uh I hope you don't have an ear ache, cuz I'm not squirting milk in your ear.
:LOL That cracked me up!!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:26 PM

Yep!!!!! I have really bad eczema on my eyelid and I put some breastmilk on it and it stopped itching immediatly! It did not itch all day and the next morning it was not nearly as swollen as it usually is!
Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Old 07-12-2004, 10:50 PM

I have heard that and I acctually know someone who had a complete stranger come up to her at the store and ask her if she was nursing and if she could squirt some in her kids eye because it was infected. I think that is great that it works, but going up to a stranger and asking her to whip out her boob and squirt your kid in the eye seems a bit wierd!

User Tag List