Dental work while breastfeeding... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-25-2004, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got a dental on Fri. and one of the possible procedures (I won't know until then) involves getting scheduled for surgery and they'll break my jaw and it will be wired together for @6 weeks.

I just have no idea really how hard it will be to get enough food down like that to keep up milk supply. Oatmeal should slip right through though Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-25-2004, 02:36 PM

Wow, does that sound like fun! NOT. Is there any way to put that off for a while if it does need to be done?

Smoothies....with dairy or protein powder, flax oil, bananas, and fruit? Good for calories and nutrition. You could also put powdered or liquid vitamins in there, or tinctures like those from www.motherlove.com to keep up your supply.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't need to go there!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#3 of 3 Old 08-26-2004, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

I can't, it is a one time shot. I either get it done now or not at all, but I'll find out on Fri. Smoothies are great! My aunt puts all kinds of stuff, powdered kelp etc. in her's and they taste pretty good. I suppose you can supplement for pretty much anything now-a-days. Thanks Quirky!

*updated: They were just taking pictures and xrays and measurements today! They won't even start talking about options until next month sometime. So I have a month + to plan ideas and options. Thanks again.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page