Nursing funnies... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 12-20-2004, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Courtesy of DH! And since 6 months ago he was pressuring me to wean, this is big stuff!

Saturday morning:
DD: nursing away, stops, and says "Other side," then switches. Except that she doesn't pronounce "th" yet, so it comes out as a "d." So we get "ud-der side."

DH (half asleep): Heh heh, get it? "Udder" side!

me: & kick him in the shoulder.

And yesterday dd was working on an oatmeal cookie, then decided to climb in my lap & nurse. So she's nursing & waving her cookie around in the air. I pointed it out to DH, and he laughed and said "milk & cookies!" DD popped off & said "Mama MILK," then next thing I knew she was nursing again & trying to get the cookie into her mouth *while* latched on! She finally settled on opening her mouth just a little bit to nibble on the cookie--but she didn't pull back all the way & I could just SEE those teeth coming in toward my nipple... I'm not sure she was too happy w/ my new rule that you can nurse OR eat a cookie, but NOT both at the same time!
:LOL
#2 of 34 Old 12-20-2004, 01:59 PM

: Don't you just love it??? too funny. Thanks for the laugh.
#3 of 34 Old 12-20-2004, 11:30 PM

That is adorable. . My Jakob did a "nursing funny" the other night, something he's never done before. I was nursing him to sleep for the night, and he grabbed my breast, pushed it toward my mouth and said, "Some?"

#4 of 34 Old 12-20-2004, 11:50 PM

that is so funny. the same thing happened with my DH too. Now I call it the utter side all the time. This is not his first cow reference either. When DS was first breast feeing we enlisted the help of a LC and she was showing me how to manually express milk and DH just reached over and did it for me saying 'I've milked cows this is no problem' LC looked horrified, but I thought it was funny, still do!
#5 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 03:42 AM

DD insists on standing to nurse sometimes. Like we're not freakish enough when we go to the in-laws.
#6 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 09:11 AM

Thanks for the laughs. I will share the best I have heard from my own ds:
"Go away Mama, I'm nursing." (!!??!!??)
and from a long time ago:
he would say "2 dees" when he wanted the other one (dees is his word....my dh said, "How does he know they are D's? But I think he is saying "These,") anyway...when he had emptied them both, he would start reaching around under my armpit and demand "3 dees." He threw a huge tantrum more than once because I don't have three!
#7 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 09:22 AM

Oh, yeah...I have one more.
I guess I forgot about this most recent example because really it wasn't that funny to me...but ya'll might get a kick out of it:
We were not nursing at the time, but I brought up the subject and asked him if he might want to stop when he is three (I guess I am trying to gently lead...) and he laughed and said "No." So I asked im "well, when do you think you might be ready to stop?" He was quiet a minute and then said "Ummmmm, maybe 21...and then I can drink beer."
#8 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 02:15 PM

Ella had a phase where she would latch on, pop off and say "tank eww" and then get down to business. Now she has started asking for "Nursies" which she pronounces "TeeTees" which always sounds like titties to me and frequently cracks me up. She also hums while she nurses if I am singing to her.
Aren't they funny!
#9 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 02:34 PM

Oh boy, I can't wait to see what mine is going to come out w/. She's only 11 months.
#10 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Faithsmom: one of the big reasons I wanted to EBF is b/c I started reading this forum & laughing about the funny things our dc come up w/! I coudln't wait for dd to start coming up w/ jokes of her own...
#11 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 08:10 PM

: I am laughing so hard!

My DS picked up my bra awhile ago and sniffed it and said YUMMMMMMM! LOL.
#12 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 08:17 PM

:
#13 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamillie
Oh, yeah...I have one more.
I guess I forgot about this most recent example because really it wasn't that funny to me...but ya'll might get a kick out of it:
We were not nursing at the time, but I brought up the subject and asked him if he might want to stop when he is three (I guess I am trying to gently lead...) and he laughed and said "No." So I asked im "well, when do you think you might be ready to stop?" He was quiet a minute and then said "Ummmmm, maybe 21...and then I can drink beer."
oh wow, that is pretty funny. The "three dees " is also hilarious.

My dd isn't too silly, but she does demand that I nurse her bear frequently, and she jokes about nursing my elbow.
#14 of 34 Old 12-21-2004, 11:31 PM

When ds was three, I was in line at the store and probably not paying close attention, because he said really loudly "I said, I want your big pink nannies!"
He also said "udder one" that cracked me up and he used to eskimo kiss my nannies with his nose. That cracked him up.
Oh, yes, one time we were shopping and an older lady came up to him in the cart and was talking to him. She was quite heavy and had very large breasts. He yells out "wow mommy, do you see the size of her nannies, I bet she has lots of milk in there" he proceeds to reach out and try to grab one. : I'd forgotten all about that one.
#15 of 34 Old 12-22-2004, 01:17 AM

Imakebelieve...that is hilarious about his curiousity on the larger nannies. What did the woman say?

Jakob has been calling his milk "milkie" lately. And he twiddles with my other breast all the time when he is nursing, and sometimes I will push his hand away, especially when I'm pmsing. Today when I tried to take his hand of the "udder one" (that's pretty much how he is pronouncing "other" these days too) he stops nursing, opens his eyes really wide and looks me in the eye and says, "PLEASE!" and he really does shout it. Then he commandeers that one and starts nursing from it. He goes back and forth a lot, at times.

He also has offered my milk to a good friend of ours that was the best man at my husband and I's wedding. He'll be nursing sometimes while Phil is visiting and he'll stop, turn around and say "Phil?...Phil?...Milk?"

#16 of 34 Old 12-22-2004, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamillie
Thanks for the laughs. I will share the best I have heard from my own ds:
"Go away Mama, I'm nursing." (!!??!!??)
This is hilarious! My mother recently took a child psychology class and I cannot remember up until what age she said but supposedly up to a certain age an infant thinks he/she does everything for themselves (ie. if you pick them up to nurse them, they think they are feeding themselves). Who knows how true this is and since your little one is talking I doubt he's still in that stage (if it is true) but it sure is a funny thought
#17 of 34 Old 12-22-2004, 04:36 AM

my dd does kiss the boobs a lot, and cuddles sometimes, too, just rests her head on my boob.

she's never offered my milk to another person!!!
#18 of 34 Old 12-22-2004, 04:46 PM

My son will sometimes say, "yay, na-nas!" when I start to lift my shirt. Last night he also told me, "mmmm, taste good!" while nursing.
#19 of 34 Old 12-22-2004, 04:49 PM

My DS was recently looking at his dad's chest, and I said "see, Dad has boobies too", so then we showed him that he has boobies as well. He looked at DH's, he looked at his own, and then he looked at me and said "mummy big boobies"!

Alison
#20 of 34 Old 12-23-2004, 06:19 PM

I too can't wait for Mateo to start with his own funny saying!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#21 of 34 Old 01-22-2005, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

DD often says hello to us in the morning, or when we come back from being away, etc.--but in this kind of funny, formal way. So I'll walk in the door at the end of the day and she'll run over saying "Mama! Mama! Hello Mama!" Or dh will come in to the br in the morning and she'll say "It's Daddy! Hello Daddy!"

So the other day I got home from work & we were nursing. We finished & she pulled my shirt down & sat up, but then turned & pointed at my shirt and said "Nipples!"
Me: "Yes, sweetie, those are my nipples."
DD: "Hello nipples!"

#22 of 34 Old 01-27-2005, 06:44 PM

My 15 month old is fixated on balls and saying the word "Ball." The other night as we snuggled in for our nightime nursing session he latched on and started gently rubbing my very full BBs. He popped off, gave me a huge smile and said "Balls!" It was so cute.
#23 of 34 Old 01-27-2005, 07:57 PM

these are great! i can't wait!
#24 of 34 Old 01-28-2005, 01:11 AM

My DS is only 6 mo, so we dont have any funnies yet, but my sister nursed her DD, Cailin, until 27 mo, and towards the end her DD made some good ones. Cailin begun to express preference for which breast she wanted, and once when my sis lifted up her shirt for her to nurse, Cailin pointed to sis's boobs in turn and said, "Dis one's reggar (regular) milk, dat one's choccat milk". She also called milk "Meekies" - "Meekies, mama, pweeeees?"
#25 of 34 Old 01-28-2005, 01:42 AM

Let's just say I'm very, very small in the breast area. I think with small breasts you are more likely to see any imbalance you may have : BUT, my 3 year old has nick names for them "big boo-boo" and "teeny boo-boo" : : :
#26 of 34 Old 01-28-2005, 09:06 AM

Count me in as one with an "udder side", and also as one with a generous dd... when she was nursing, at not quite two, dh came in the room and she unlatched, grabbed the boob with both hands and asked daddy "Want some?" he laughed and she offered again "have some!"

When older ds was little, I insistuted the "no food and milk at the same time" rule, since he always wanted to nurse to wash down his food, and if I wasn't careful I'd be likely to end up with chewed food on my nipple. He would also walk away from his food with a full mouth, decide he wanted to nurse, and then when I asked him if he was still chewing, he'd spit out what was in his mouth, because of course he wanted to nurse more than to swallow his food!

The nursing fun doesn't really start until they can talk, does it?
#27 of 34 Old 01-28-2005, 10:50 AM

My son doesn't talk too much yet (18m) but he does say "Peeeeese" when he wants to switch sides and I'm half asleep. He'll say it in this breathy little half-asleep whisper, and it's so precious

Some of the funny things he does, though, is he'll try to talk with his mouth full. I'll say something like, "Michael, is that side empty?" and he'll say "I don't know" except it comes out "MmmMmmMMMM!" He also shakes his head 'yes' and 'no' when I talk to him while nursing.

One night the three of us were lying around in bed and Michael was happily popping on and off my breasts while playing with me and my husband. At one point I said, "Why don't you have some of Daddy's milk?" and my husband cupped his hand around his non-existant breast. Our son leaned in like he was going to latch on, but at the last moment turned his head to the side, grinning. He sat up, pointed at my husband's nipple, and laughed his head off.

Oh! I almost forgot this one! The first time this happened I nearly busted a gut laughing. We were lying in bed and he was nursing sleepily while lying on top of me. He heaved a big sigh but his face was pretty much sealed to my boob so when he did it made a juicy fart sound. His eyes lit up and he started blowing fart noises on my breast. I started laughing, which just encouraged him to keep doing it. When he would let out a really juicy one he'd laugh SO hard, then lean in and do it again. My husband came into the room to find out what we were laughing about and our son totally put on a show for him! It was really funny. Now every once in a while he'll unlatch and look at me, then get this big grin on his face and slowly lean in with his mouth to blow a fart. He gets a real kick out of doing this in public and I have to consciously restrain myself from laughing so I don't encourage him!

That's all for now!
- Jen
#28 of 34 Old 01-29-2005, 03:43 AM

tooo cute!

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#29 of 34 Old 01-29-2005, 03:44 AM

oh, watch out for irritation fomr the cookie crumbs though

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#30 of 34 Old 02-09-2005, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

This morning Grover was being nursed by Peter Rabbit!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page