Pinching! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-01-2005, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
N has started pinching me while he nurses! It seems to be a refinement of the more gentle massages i used to recieve. anyone else? tell me this is just a stage, please.

(8 months)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 03-01-2005, 03:28 AM

Oi, I hated that!!! Lily is a very tactile baby, loves to feel everything. Around 10-11m, she started pinching my tummy. But not just my tummy, she liked to dig in my stretch marks--I hated it! I learned to pull my shirt down or hold my hand over the part she wanted to pinch. Yes, it was a phase....but now she's on to my nipples!! She'll just caress so sweetly, looking for that nipple, and then she likes to play w/ it. But that's not allowed by me! I just can't take it and don't want it to be a habit. But when I wear a bra, it's not a problem.

fwiw, some mamas find relief from a nursing necklace or bracelet--something else for them to grab and play w/. Good luck!! BTDT!!! Just for the record, it IS ok to set some boundaries for nursing, and pinching can be one of them.

Oh, I just remembered that Lily loved to pinch the skin (read: FAT!) on my arms while nursing too.... Glad that phase is over!!

Keep up the good work, mama!!
#3 of 8 Old 03-01-2005, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

it's his bottom hand (the one that actually holds the breast) so i can't keep it busy elsewhere. i'm trying to teach him to not pinch but i have to start fresh every time we nurse!
#4 of 8 Old 04-07-2005, 06:00 PM

DD (10 months old) pinches me. I've got scabs on my breast that I think are from her pinches. I don't always feel it though - is that strange?
#5 of 8 Old 04-09-2005, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

ack. has this really been happening for a month? I need to make boobie cozies or something. :
#6 of 8 Old 04-10-2005, 12:14 AM

I feel for ya! Those mystery scabs are strange....I definitely feel it when Lily digs into me!! She's finally stopped pinching and scratching this past month, so now I just wonder "What's next?!" It's always, something, right?! Keeps life interesting, I guess.

Keep up the good work, mamas, and don't be afraid to *get creative*!

emily
#7 of 8 Old 04-10-2005, 12:45 AM

my babe's a pincher too....I try to put a stuffed animal near my breast so she can twiddle that. I do tell her no that it hurts me, and I show her how to be gentle. She too likes the feeling of the skin in her hand....its like a comfort thing when she's tired.

sorry...I hate the pinching too. They eventually start to understand if you keep redirecting them.
#8 of 8 Old 04-10-2005, 10:05 AM

Ds does this with his bottom hand too. Sometimes I try to sneak my hand between our bellies and try to get him to play with my fingers or rings.

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page