Could it be thrush? How to treat? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-09-2005, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel silly posting this, as I probably know the answer. Dd2 has been so fussy, growing progressively fussier, and nursing seems to be the culprit rather than the cure. I typed in her symptoms to the search engine and everything came back as thrush. Clicking noise, acting ravenous but only taking two sips before refusing the breast and being even fussier... But no physical symptoms. No symptoms at all in me, and I can't see any red or white patches in her mouth... I guess she has a touch of diaper rash...

Anyway, does it sound like thrush to you? Because I have to admit it sounds like it to me. But I'm slow to diagnose because... I don't know how to treat thrush.

So, how do you treat thrush? We're already hygenic, I cut out sugars and dairy as soon as she was born. What can I do to treat the symptoms? It breaks my heart that my baby isn't finding comfort at my breast!!
#2 of 4 Old 04-09-2005, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

It's thrush.

http://lactinv.com/tscreen.htm

That's my baby's white tongue. Poor thing. At least realizing the problem is the first step to recovery, right?
#3 of 4 Old 04-09-2005, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Just talked to the natropath. We're going to treat with acidopholus for me and babe, oil of oregano for me (and babe thru breastmilk), and Gentian voilet where needed.

Just thought I'd compile all this here in case anyone else does a search in the future.

Thanks!
#4 of 4 Old 04-20-2005, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasEve
Just talked to the natropath. We're going to treat with acidopholus for me and babe, oil of oregano for me (and babe thru breastmilk), and Gentian voilet where needed.

Just thought I'd compile all this here in case anyone else does a search in the future.

Thanks!
Hi! hope that your treatment worked. tell me about oil of oregano. i'm pretty sure my dd and i have thrush and i have been trying almost everything, but haven't heard about oil of oregano. how do you use it and was it effective for you?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page