visine allergy eye drops? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-15-2005, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't find anything on the safety here... was wondering if someone with Hale's book could check for me, as I didn't find info on the site.

Allergies are killing me, my eyes are so irritated, and I know I can take Claritin but it makes me really sleepy for the first few days, and I don't have time to be sleepy. I can deal with the nasal symptoms, but really want to help my poor eyes!

I'm thinking I might take it even without info, as babe is 22 lbs at this point, so by weight, he'd get a small amount. The thing is that I know that nasal spray is not recommended, as it is directly absorbed by mucous membranes, and the visine would be, too.
#2 of 5 Old 04-15-2005, 09:46 PM

I have Hale's 2004 ed and Visine is not listed in the index. Searching under the active ingredients may be more helpful.

I did a google search for "visine and breastfeeding." If the active ingredient is the same, this one may be helpful: http://www.medformation.com/ac/mm_us...sp/202433b.htm

Amy, Mom to ds 2000, dd 2004 and newest dd 3/2010!
Breast Cancer Survivor since 2007
#3 of 5 Old 04-15-2005, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

That's it! Thank you! It says it's safe, which is good to know because I did use some. My less itchy eyes appreciate you taking the time for them.

#4 of 5 Old 04-17-2005, 08:32 AM

sidenote: many eye care products contain Themerosal(sp) as a preservative. I always double check, because as we all know according to the FDA there is nothing wrong with a little mercury

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#5 of 5 Old 04-17-2005, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi,
Just thought that I'd recommend an herbal alternative that is safe and has helped my extremely irritated allergy eyes. The tincture rue-fennel. You can put a few drops in water and wash out your eyes. Gave me immediate relief and helped for about 3-4 hour.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page