Nursing in sling tips? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-18-2005, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just reading the thread about nursing with large breasts, and I was wondering if anyone has specific tips for large-breasted sling nursing? We have a Maya Wrap and we can't seem to get the hang of finding a postion that Marsha and I both like for nursing. We use it almost exclusively in the hip carry and I know there's so much more to it!

I'm Cara ... Veterinary Technician in training and Mama to M since July 2004, the 4 Love Cats , a bunch of freshies , Baby the U2 , and Wife to J (Active Duty Air Force) since Feb 1998
#2 of 7 Old 05-18-2005, 07:50 PM

:
#3 of 7 Old 05-18-2005, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i had to ditch the maya altogether and get their mamababy sling - the one that's jersey knit - sooooo much better. i can do fine in that one or the kangaroo carrier, but i do still have to hold the boob b/c it's just too soft and flops out of his mouth or smothers him. i could not get any position with the reg. maya - thought i was defective. sling nursing DOES rock now, because i can walk around and still have one hand free, anyway.
#4 of 7 Old 05-18-2005, 08:26 PM

just subscribing
#5 of 7 Old 05-18-2005, 09:18 PM

Hiya!

Here is an awesome link to a step by step nursing while babywearing article. Nursing with large breasts Hope that helps.

#6 of 7 Old 05-18-2005, 10:10 PM

My DD loves to nurse sitting up in the hip carry. Once she could sit up she loved nursing that way anyway, it was easier for her to look around while still nursing, so we started nursing that way in the sling too. I do hold my breast with opposite hand. She will sometimes even sleep that way! :LOL
Good luck!
#7 of 7 Old 05-18-2005, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't think of nursing in the hip carry, but might just try that. Marsha is being slightly fussy right at this moment so I may give it a go right now!

Shannon, thanks for the link. Seeing the pictures helps lots!

I'm Cara ... Veterinary Technician in training and Mama to M since July 2004, the 4 Love Cats , a bunch of freshies , Baby the U2 , and Wife to J (Active Duty Air Force) since Feb 1998

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page