I just love nursing! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-24-2005, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I am just having one of those warm, fuzzy moments right now. I gotta say, I just love nursing so much. I love all times of nursing. I love to nurse at night because I love to hear her snort around half asleep next to me and then just sorta sigh contentedly when she finds what she's snorting for. I love to nurse right before nap and bedtime when she's sleepy and cuddly. I love to nurse when she's wide awake and happy and smiling around a mouthful of milk. I can make her giggle and watch the milk dribble down her cheek and into her rolls of fat on her neck(meanwhile knowing that she wasn't born with neck fat, my milk put it there!). I love to nurse during meal times with my other dd and dh and know that she just wanted to be part of the meal and eat with everyone else, she really wasn't hungry at all. I love to nurse in public when she tries out for the nursing olympics with her craning her head around trying to keep in touch with what's goign on all while gulping down her meal as fast as possible while executing a back somersault with a twist! And I finally give up trying to rein her in and keep myself covered and just let it hang out and to heck with the looks from strangers! I just adore nursing. She's nearly 6 months old and I can't imagine stopping anytime soon. I know it's still early but I just can't imagine not nursing her. I love those little legs kicking and her hand kneading me and those big eyes looking up at me in sheer happiness. Where did we grownups go wrong when we can't enjoy simple pleasures like that????? We get so caught up in life that we forget the simple joy of enjoying our food or sitting still for a few minutes to spend time with a loved one. Man I'll tell ya, this early morning computer time gets me all philosophical. I just love being a mama and nursing my dd.
Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2005, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel exactly the same way! I have wanted to post something very similar but since you did it so well, I'll just say :

And I love how when she sees me topless her eyes get all wide and sparkly while she grins sooo big. And if I lay down with her like this then she takes a sip from one, pulls off, looks at the other adoringly and goes in for a sip, repeat over and over while I giggle. :LOL
Old 06-24-2005, 12:18 PM

:
Another aspect of nursing that I love is it's exclusivity. It's something I give to my baby, and noone can take that away from us. It's a gift that only I can make.

It also makes me feel ultra feminine. I was proud of my preggy belly, because it's awsome to know that a new little person is growing inside you , but I find it even more wonderful to nurse that little person and see him thriving on what my body makes for him !

DS (10 1/2 months) is really decadent when nursing.... when let-down occurs and the milk comes spraying out, he pulls back with his mouth open and lets the milk spray into his mouth from a distance and he smiles it's too cute.

If someone would have told me 2 years ago that I would be happily nursing a 10+ month old and not thinking of weaning, I would have never believed it.

Really, an ode to nursing is NEVER out of place
Old 06-24-2005, 01:09 PM

I feel exactly the same way!! My mother does healing touch and before doing a session with me, she asked if I meditate or anything similar. I told her I nurse!
Old 06-24-2005, 03:45 PM

I have to give a to this thread.....I have nursed all three of my children, longer with each consecutive birth....and now I have my last baby (who is just over two) and I have enjoyed nursing her SO MUCH.....she is just a natural at it....plus with this third child I know more about what I am doing and felt so confident in it this time----so we have enjoyed it so much --- so much so that it has made me lean toward the CLW more and more. She still nurses at night to sleep (we cosleep) and again 1-3 times more during the night....I know it probably will end before I am ready just knowing that she is my last --- SAVOR every day that you nurse your babies!!!! There is nothing more cute than a nursing baby and nothing more beautiful than a nursing mama!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 03:42 AM
Dal

Me too! I was going to start a thread about how I'm so very happily nursing my 15 month old and have no interest in stopping whatsoever. I completely don't get it when moms say they stopped at 10 months (or something similarr) because that was enough. That is a totally different reality than mine!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Awwwww, see I knew you mamas would get it! To LadyGodiva, my daughter does the exact same thing. She has this look of rapture on her face while she's getting sprayed. I told dh one day that she loves her milkies so much she wants not only to drink it but to bathe in it. He just snorted! :LOL I also know exactly how you feel about the exclusivity of it. My dd was a preemie and so skinny and small at birth(she was 5lbs 3oz but went down to 4 1/2lbs) and now she's a hefty 16 1/2lbs at almost 6 months and I am just so proud whenever anyone comments on her dimpled hands or the rolls on her thighs and arms and neck. I just feel so proud that I got her to where she is even though it was an uphill battle to nurse and STAY nursing. I couldn't be happier. My older dd weaned at 7months(it's a long long story ) and I can't even imagine Sara weaning. She doesn't eat ANY solids, won't take a bottle, etc. She LOVES her milkies.

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 06-29-2005, 01:25 PM

I never imagined how great nursing would end up being. I still once in awhile have challenging days but they are getting fewer and fewer...until she gets her teeth in anyway lol. It took me a little over 2 months for me to begin to enjoy nursing. I clung to the comments that it would get better and it did!

Sherra
Old 06-29-2005, 02:09 PM

ooh ooh, me too, me too!!

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 

User Tag List