Tried to make you stop or otherwise inhibit you 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 07-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the Bio Idiot didn't care one way or another, just that it didn't cost us any $$

My DH on the other hand, is %100 behind me bfing when our next one *He adopted DD as his own so she's OURS* comes along, but is a teensy bit wierded out over CLW.

Of course, I have him converted to CD, HB, co sleeping, AP Babywearing and all that other stuff, CLW will be a piece of cake

It was funny, his dad was going on about how hard it will be for him to study with a newborn in the house keeping him up at all hours of the night.

He goes "Dad, We'll be co-sleeping and Mo will be nursing, Sleep deprivation won't be an issue"

FIL is like "Well during the day, the baby will cry"

DH is like "Look, I'll have more of a problem studying with a TODDLER in the house than a newborn"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 07-04-2005, 08:47 PM

DH is very supportive, but was sad that he couldn't participate in feeding dd at first. So he gets me drinks and snacks when I'm nursing. The transitive property of bfing at work, I guess. :LOL I've promised that once I'm confident that she's completely mastered bfing and the risk of problems is low we can introduce a bottle so he can have a chance to feed her once or twice a week. He's really excited about it.

I think he's a little ambivalent about bfing past infancy, but will certainly follow my lead. I figure we'll keep it up for as long as both DD and I are happy with nursing. I have no doubt that he'll be supportive of that.
#33 of 47 Old 07-04-2005, 09:05 PM

Very supportive....I don't think it was so important to him, but he saw how important it was to me. When I had huge problems nursing my first, my dh's support was invaluable - I wouldn't have made it without him.

We have had some issues around nightweaning - when I just couldn't take the night nursing any more during my pregnancy, but couldn't take the crying either and would give in and nurse, dh got quite annoyed with me. He doesn't care how long I nurse ds, though - although I definitely want ds to wean sooner rather than later, dh thinks it's my body, my decision.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#34 of 47 Old 07-04-2005, 10:16 PM

DH has been very supportive. I don't think I could of gone this far (almost 16 months so far) with out him. No one in my family BF'd and no one in his family too, so we had no support from them.
#35 of 47 Old 07-05-2005, 12:38 AM

I feel very lucky that my dh is soo supportive of the cd, breastfeding and co~sleeping.......makes everything go smooth
#36 of 47 Old 07-05-2005, 11:35 AM

Yes, DH is supportive. He helped me when I pumped exclusively for 13 months and he adores that I can now nurse DS2. He thinks it's beautiful. We even agreed on CLW even if that means nursing a 9 yo.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#37 of 47 Old 07-05-2005, 12:08 PM

Dh has hesitated in his support for nursing an older nursling at times, but mostly he just brags on me.

A college friend who was in town came over the other day. He said, "if you want to be impressed with this chick, just watch her nurse both kids at once! She's amazing. "

#38 of 47 Old 07-06-2005, 02:23 PM

Yes, my DH is supportive, he realizes all the benefits of BF.
#39 of 47 Old 07-06-2005, 04:25 PM

I never would have been able to work through DD1's severe problems with nursing if my DH hadn't been so supportive. : I most certainly would not still be nursing her and her little sister, four years later!
He wasn't always this supportive. But when he saw the difference in our baby when she was on formula versus when she was on 100% breastmilk, it made a believer out of him. He's probably the most outspoken breastfeeding advocate I've ever met! I think his support and outspokenness (is that a word?) has helped the wives of his friends to breastfeed longer than they would have otherwise.
#40 of 47 Old 07-06-2005, 05:20 PM

Yes, very.

We also had problems in the beginning. DD was a tongue-thruster, and beat me bloody at her first nursing session post-partum. While I healed, we had to pump and feed her with the SNS. I pumped, DH would put the SNS together, and feed her with it hanging from the bill of his baseball cap. Wonderful!
#41 of 47 Old 07-06-2005, 07:31 PM

Dh is very supportive. He loves it when we are out in public and I nurse DS in a sling. He gets a real kick out of that - he actually giggles every time. Plus in the beginning, he waited on me hand and foot while I nursed 'cuz we both wanted it to succeed.
#42 of 47 Old 07-07-2005, 02:08 AM

He is really supportive, but he does ask me now and again about when I might want to wean her. I have told him 2, but honestly think she might just self-wean.
#43 of 47 Old 07-07-2005, 02:17 AM
Banned

My DH is very supportive of bf'ing. He told me that if I hadn't wanted to bf, he would have tried to talk me into it. He questioned extended bf'ing and CLW, but once I showed him the benefits, ect, he was fine with it. For the first few weeks after DS was born, he was a little weirded out when I nursed in front of other people, but he got over it pretty quickly.
#44 of 47 Old 07-07-2005, 12:55 PM

Yes, very supportive. He wouldn't have it any other way (I wouldn't either of course)

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#45 of 47 Old 07-07-2005, 12:59 PM

He's very supportive. Very. But I think it's more because it is so important to me and not so much b/c he realizes it's better for DDs. Oh well, whatever the reason, he is supportive and that's all that matters.
#46 of 47 Old 07-07-2005, 01:41 PM

Very, very supportive. I really appreciate how fortunate I am to have such a supportive partner. Particularly those first few weeks of beginning to breastfeed with DD#1, he was my rock of support. He is as proud and committed to the breastfeeding relationship that I have with our daughters as I am!
#47 of 47 Old 07-08-2005, 04:08 AM

Very supportive. When I had Amber, 11 yrs ago on monday, YIKES! Anyway, when I had Amber he would help latch her on. Went to all the LC appts I had to learn how to help! Very good Daddy.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page