OMG!!!THE ITCHING...THE ITCHING.. (re:thrush) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-20-2005, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I/we have had thrush SO badly for the last 4 weeks that it has gotten to a point where my boobs itch SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly...I just want to scratch and scratch and scratch...I wanna get a big ol rake and just rake that itch out...OMG its horrible!! IS this how a dog with fleas feels?????? I cant take it anymore...Oh the itch is horrendous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright so backing up, we have tried for the last four weeks to use every single possible remedy available (holistic)..... my daughter (7 weeks) has thrush so bad her entire roof of her mouth is one big white film. I didnt realize that was what it was and I tried wiping it off ....that stuff isnt moving. Now when she eats she is very cautious and she makes this constant clicking noise when she eats. Most of the time she squeezes her eyes like she is hurting...and at times she will actually pull off my breast real fast (which doesnt help the cause) and start whimpering. So we broke down and both of us went to see a pediatrician today. We were told to bypass the "Nystatin" and begin using "Diflucan" Immediately (given Nystatin days ago). I was given a single dose of Diflucan and Caira was given a five day liquid. Neither of us have started it yet...I spose we will start it tomorrow but I first wanted feedback if this stuff is safe?

Overwhelm me with feedback on this please. I am a very natural holistical kinda mama....but I can admit a medical need when there is one. What do you think??
#2 of 5 Old 07-21-2005, 02:11 AM

Genitian Violet (spelled wrong) available at your drugstore is great for stopping the itch. It is also a topical anti fungal. Ice or cold helps with itch, as well as rubbing Alcohol, ( but that may not work here)

Kill all the sugar in your diet, try doing the first two weeks of sugar busters, Atkins, or my fav... South beach. Sugar, and carbs are your enemy while you are battling yeast.

Good luck,
My son is 9 months old and we are battling again. So, no sugar for me. I feel for you, and remember what it was like.

I think you can use the GV along with the oral meds. Paint your nipples, and your baby's mouth purple. Wear only clothes you dislike or can bleach as this stuff stains. IT really does work.
#3 of 5 Old 07-21-2005, 04:14 PM

I hope some folks have answers for you..you may want to also post in the healthy area of this board and they may have natural ways to beat thrush.

I never had thrush but I did have extreme itchiness prior to my daughter's birth. I relieved it by using white vinegar on my nipples and then I used the purple tube..I think it's called lanisoh? (spelling?) I too felt like raking whatever I could find across them because of the itchiness and this concoction helped relieve the itchiness.

here are some websites I saw while searching for this topic:

http://www.mothering.com/articles/ne...ed-thrush.html
http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/5...astfeeding.htm
http://www.bloggingbaby.com/entry/1234000440048666/
http://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=236

Also, www.kellymom.com is a good resource for what is safe and what isn't to take concerning bebe. See if that helps you if you do not get answers here. I hope you get relief soon!

Sherra
#4 of 5 Old 07-21-2005, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

nak
thank u mamas!!!
#5 of 5 Old 07-21-2005, 06:54 PM

definitely do the Gentian Violet. In addition, you can use lotrimin or vagisil on your breast away from the nipple to stop the itching. I had a yeast rash ALL OVER my body when my oldest was about 6 weeks old. I thought I was going to die. Dermatologist said lotrimin mixed with cortisone. I wasn't thrilled with the cortisone, so I used it only once or twice. The lotrimin worked great though.

much healing love to you rboobies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page