Her poop is like water! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just in the past day or so dd's poop has gone just like water. It still is the mustardy colour of bf poop but there are no seeds and it has no texture to it at all. It is absolutely just like sticky water. Add to that a VERY red, bumpy and raw bum and I'm freaking out! What's going on? Something I'm eating???
#2 of 8 Old 08-09-2005, 11:43 PM

It's probably ok. I remember freaking out at my dd's rusty colored/watery poop once, called my mentor freaking out & after we went through my diet for the day we figured it was probably the salsa I had eaten.

Soooo, it could be something you ate, easily. I guess my advice would be...let whatever it was pass through her, look for any other signs somethings wrong. Keep her hydrated & if it continues, call her PED and see what they say. But as with adults if it's diarhea...HYDRATION!

Why do they do this to us?

hippie.gif     goodvibes.gifearth.gif         treehugger.gif          caffix.gif         broc1.gif         trekkie.gif              signcirc1.gif           whale.gif

#3 of 8 Old 08-10-2005, 12:18 AM

I would guess allergies or sensitivities to something(s) you are eating. Has this happend before? Was there any mucus in her poop or did it smell bad? Does she spit up (or actually throw up) a lot? Is she gassy?

Here is a link that might help you determine if allergies or sensitivities might be the cause?

HTH
#4 of 8 Old 08-10-2005, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

The smell of the poop wasn't bad or different at all. The diaper rash is something we have been battling for a long time now and I can't seem to get it to go away. It will be clear for a couple diaper changes and then flare up all of the sudden again.
Today dd was very spitty - she usually spits a bit right after she eats, like she got too full and some of the milk just comes back up while I'm burping her, but today she spit a lot and it was chunky.
#5 of 8 Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perogi
The smell of the poop wasn't bad or different at all. The diaper rash is something we have been battling for a long time now and I can't seem to get it to go away. It will be clear for a couple diaper changes and then flare up all of the sudden again.
Today dd was very spitty - she usually spits a bit right after she eats, like she got too full and some of the milk just comes back up while I'm burping her, but today she spit a lot and it was chunky.
Sounds like a sensitivity, all three of mine had this problem. A big sign for us was green mucus poop along with the spitting up. How old is dd? Many times the sensitivity is milk, is usually is a big culprit, but it can be other things like nuts, wheat, etc. all the other big allergies. Dr. Sears Baby Book talks about signs of sensitivity and how to make a log and try and figure out what the cause is. I agree though if you that worried best to call PED. Just remember just because there maybe a sensitivity to something does not mean you have to wean ( not sure how bf your ped is but sometimes they like to tell moms this is necessary for baby to get better)
#6 of 8 Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter

Dd is 6 weeks old today I know that I can just cut from my diet whatever it is that would be bothering her (had to do this with dd#1 - eventually figured out it was my multivitamin!!). I just hate the process of trying to figure it all out
#7 of 8 Old 08-10-2005, 04:18 AM

Yeah, it can be a frustrating process...just one more question though...does her diaper rash only flare up with poops, or does that not really make a difference? If it is the later it could be her diapers...if you are using chemical diapers she could be allergic/sensitive to a number of different things in them, if you are using cloth you might be using too much detergent or detergent she is allergic to or less likely, but still possible she could be allergic to hemp or wool or the elastic, ect.
#8 of 8 Old 08-10-2005, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
We had that problem several times. We are still trying to figure out why. It comes and goes in spurts. Defintiely watch those wet/poopy diapers everyday for hydration. Keep a quick track of what you are eating to determine sensitivities. I kept a basket of baby stuff and a notebook by my nursing rocker(man, feels like I spent the first 3 months there!) and wrote down diapers and my food to keep track. Figured I was nursing every 30 minutes so I might as well write it all down. If nothing else, it's an interesting record of the first couple weeks! Nothing jumps out at me as a link between a food and the poop but at least I looked into the problem. Get lots of air time for that tiny heiny and keep nursin' baby!

meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page