Question about nutrition & BF. - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2006, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think things will change now that he's weaned. He wasn't getting much hormone in there for most of that period anyway. The doc mentioned thyroid this visit only because Frederick complained of a foot problem. He saw his toe nails for the first time and noticed that they curl toward the skin. His nails have been like this since he was a baby. So when the doc said "thyroid," you'd think I would have responded with "my poor child." No. It went more like this: "why didn't you look at his toes before I got so fat!"

Iodine is the biggest nutrient by far.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2007, 10:29 PM

Old 02-08-2007, 11:21 PM

my diet stinks.

but its getting better. eating veggies and fruits more and junk less.

I feel better about my eating habits although they are far from ideal. I don't want to quit the crap cold turkey though cuz its sooooo good and I want the new eating habits to stick. but yep...getting better...

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
Old 02-09-2007, 12:35 AM

That's great Jami! Baby steps is the way to go. I tried to go fully local, ethical and nutrient-dense all in one fell swoop (okay, not all, but before I was ready) in the eighth month of my last pregnancy and fell completely off the train . . . there was more to the story, but it was largely because I pushed myself too hard.
Yep. Baby steps. Oh, and meal planning. Meal planning is essential. In fact, it's probably the best first step, if you can swing it.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:27 PM

Old 02-28-2007, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i had totally forgotten about this thread! i haven't time to check, but do you suppose that kellymom.com would (or has) change the info from "mom can eat anything whilst breastfeeding" to "mom's diet is important while breastfeeding", especially if JaneS sent along all the references she included earlier in this thread?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 06-17-2007, 01:36 AM

bumping an interesting thread.

i need all the inspiration i can get to improve my diet. it's not horrible, and i'm making progress, but i got lazy about it in my last month of pregnancy...

nak
Old 11-15-2008, 02:03 PM

Old 11-15-2008, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I went back and read the first 2/3 of the thread (will try to get to the rest soon). It's good. Better than good really.

I think the hard part is making significant dietary changes _before_ your own (or a loved one's) health falls apart enough to make it obvious that change is needed. I know I needed to be hit over the head with a 2x4 (my health just fell apart), and my kids are both affected. It's hard to impart the passion in the statement "Don't be me!!" without sounding a bit, well, overzealous, but once you've btdt, _not_ saying it (at least in some circumstances) feels irresponsible.

I'm rambling, but this is a good read.

User Tag List