Need advice - Weird "pimple" on breast - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-29-2005, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, Sorry if this is kinda gross, but I need some advice. And sorry I don't remember the technical names for breast anatomy...

I am 21 weeks pg and my 19 mo DS keeps grabbing at my nipples through my shirt. (He did not nurse - long story - and I stopped pumping awhile ago due to very low supply. So no nursing going on right now.) One nipple in particular is very painful when he grabs it and it doesn't go away.

So yesterday, I finally took a good look at it and there is this little white-head pimply looking thing right to the side of the little "hole"/indent where the milk would flow out. I squeezed it a little but it didn't budge, and also put warm washcloths on it which did nothing either. I have a shooting pain up the outer side of that breast, tho it's only bothersome, not super painful at this point.

Does anyone know what this might be? And how to get rid of it?

Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 09-29-2005, 06:45 PM

I'm not an LC, but I'll bet dollars to donuts it's a milk blister. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html

Good luck!

Janey
#3 of 3 Old 09-30-2005, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Janey! I read the link and it sure sounds about right. Must be a pressure thing in my case - my bras are getting pretty snug over the past few weeks, plus a good hard pinch from DS several times a day - all adding up.

It's got me hoping that my milk production will be better for this baby! This blister is on my "good" side that produced more last time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page