what antibiotics are ok? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-08-2002, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
okay, no saga, but ds is suddenly mainly weaning, I'm engorged, running a fever, and feeling like I have the flu.
So, seems like a breast infection. I'm going to the dr. tomorrow (not one I've used before -- we're rather new in town) and I think he will probably prescribe antibiotics (whichwill be welcome at this point)
anyone know what is/is not okay?
ds doesn't bf much lately, but I still want to be on the safe side, esp. bc there's a slim slim slim chance I'm pg.
(it's so hard to know when you don't get your period for 3 years)
#2 of 6 Old 01-08-2002, 03:51 PM

Amoxicillin is the safest for bf mothers. I'd also get some colloidal silver and take 1 tsp. 2-3 x a day. Colloidal Silver is a very effective, safe natural antibiotic w/ no side-effects. It's great at fighting tough infections- viral and bacterial. Oh, be sure to supplement w/ acidophilus if you take the amoxicillin.
#3 of 6 Old 01-08-2002, 07:48 PM

I have a sinus infection and have been fighting it for a week - I don't want to go to the Dr because she will perscibe an anitibiotic for sure. Will colloidal silver treat this type of infection too??? Is it a perscription or HFS item??

Thanks for any info - my head is about to fall off!

robin
#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2002, 11:47 PM

The silver should work. It's gotten me better so quick when other stuff did nothing for me... try doing a search for it on the web, there's a bunch of really informative sites. Oh, and it's sold at most health food stores and coops. I can't remember the brand I use, but I know it's 500 ppms (method of measurement), and the dose size says 1/4 tsp. but I take 1 tsp. 3 x a day when fighting a real tough sickness, and I see results w/in 24 hours. Be sure to drink plenty of purified water too. Garlic is also a natural antibiotic. You may want to take them in conjunction... as well as vitamin C.
#5 of 6 Old 01-09-2002, 02:51 AM

If you ever want to get info about the effects of various drugs on breastmilk, Dr. Thomas Hale's reference book "Medications and Mothers’ Milk" 2000 Edition is a good resource. Many LC's have a copy, and will usually let you take a peek or do a lookup themselves for you.
#6 of 6 Old 01-09-2002, 03:08 PM

I'm heading down the the Coop to get some Silver and give it a try - can't hurt! I've been uping my garlic and Vit C already.

Thanks

Robin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page