Lilypadz? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2005, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone tried them? I'm thinking about getting a pair to put in a bf'ing care package for my foster sister's shower. She's planning to nurse, I already got her "So That's What They're For", but I want to put together a kit with some lansinoh, a hand-me-down pump I no longer need that she can use for occasional use, and I was thinking cloth pads would so not fit her active teen lifestyle, or what's left of it in the wake of mommyhood.

Are they just the thing for a young mama who doesn't necessarily want to look like a "mom" every minute of the day?

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2005, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They definately don't show like regular nursing pads do. I don't use mine much, unless we are going out. They are easy to wash, just soap and water. You can also boil them on the stove for like 5 minutes to sterilize. So they are easy to care for.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:42 PM

For me the lily padz worked great on one side only the other side leaks alot and I wore the lily pad on that side within 1 day I had mastitis which I believe was from stifiling the drip. But they are great for a few hours of no bra no drip relaxation!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
These don't work for me, no matter what I do the milk wells up and they pop off... But I have heard that after your supply settles down they work better so I am hanging onto them hoping some time soon they will work for me. I have heard how great they are for some women so I bought my expectant SIL some as a gift, and I hope they work for her.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 12-05-2005, 07:57 PM

I didn't think The padz worked for me beacuse of the same things the pp mentioned. However, I recently tried them again, and now that my supply has evened upt, they are totally great!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:50 PM

In my experience, Lilypadz are an A+ idea but only about a C+ in real life. That said, reading PPs, I think I will keep hope alive and pray that I stop leaking someday.

They are great for me for about the first five-six hours of the night (I love you, my good sleeper baby!) but right as I get up I usually have a major milk rupture and they slip and all the milk that's collected underneath goes WHOOSH! But I still love them better than wearing cloth or paper pads to bed.

Oh, another thing, I don't consider myself excessively sweaty but I did lose one at the mall one day (oops, sorry mall cleanup folks!)

All that said, I do think they'd be a nice gift for a younger mama but let her know the caveats so she doesn't think they're bad! You're a nice sister.

User Tag List