Behavior during nursing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-15-2003, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any idea why babies' hands go ALL OVER while nursing? It almosts drives me mad, if I wouldnt think it were so cute!

goldrose
#2 of 7 Old 01-15-2003, 07:58 PM

You might want to try posting something like this in one of the bf'ing forums.
I have heard of some moms getting nursing necklaces to distract the baby from fiddling, fidgeting, etc. They're basically brightly colored necklaces, often with "picture beads", and strung so that they don't break easily.
I don't have a problem with that yet, but I plan on trying out a nursing necklace when we get to that stage. What irks me now is when ds wiggles his cold feet in under my shirt! (he goes shoeless at night, 'cause he hates having stuff on his feet)
#3 of 7 Old 01-15-2003, 10:08 PM

oh yeah! he grabs everything, my nse, lips, hair, clothes, and he kicks and plas. He's just learning, having fun, and following his primate insticts to hold on!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#4 of 7 Old 01-15-2003, 10:45 PM

Yep, it's just a normal developmental stage. Baby is learning how to use his hands to explore his world!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#5 of 7 Old 01-17-2003, 04:00 AM

b'h

Quote:
Originally posted by mrzmeg
What irks me now is when ds wiggles his cold feet in under my shirt! [/B]
i hate that too dd1 (2 1/2) who is now in her own crib for almost a year, first thing in the morning, she comes to cuddle in bed with me...with her cold feet rubbing against my legs...ahhhhh. i try to put her in pj's that have feet (but when she picks which ones she wantsd to wear...)
#6 of 7 Old 01-21-2003, 03:04 PM

hey there,i just posted my bf problem on my tribe thread.masybe you guys can help.my i yr old constantly plays with my other nipple! this is the longest ive ever bf and i have 7 dd and ds.shes no longer content to lay there and bf,she bfs upside down,standing up and in the tub.it drives me crazy.maybe because i associate it with foreplay and my dh.also are there any ideas about making your own breastfeeding book for your nursling?i cant find any in my local bookstores.when i asked at barnes and nobles the guy scruntched up his face and complete with snere and rolling of the eyes said that was the most ridiculous thing hes ever heard!thank god i controlled myself and didnt hurt him.anyway id be glad to hear from all of you.thanks

#7 of 7 Old 01-21-2003, 07:31 PM

I think the worse is when M is nursing in the cradle position and her hand that's underneath (and cold) sneaks around my topless side and reminds me that I should cut her fingernails!! :LOL

She's also really into petting me lately. I have to make sure that the other breast is completely covered or she grabs on to my bra. That skin is so sensitive and ticklish!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page