kicking myself - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-23-2003, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay well I am nursing my 2 yr old and 10 month old, and lately I have been so busy I have not been nursing as much. I have noticed on a few occasions that my boobs were full. I have not had a period yet and am really enjoying it!!!!!! But now I am noticing signs of returning fertility and I am really feeling depressed and a little angry. This is the only place I know I can vent about this!!!! Thanks for listening.

Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-23-2003, 01:20 PM

I'm sorry - it is a bummer. 10 months doesn't seem very long when you are tandem nursing, does it? AF came back for me at 13 months with this second pregnancy (at 8 months with my first daughter, as I was only nursing one!)...

Maybe if they start nursing some more, you could hold AF off for another month or so?
#3 of 5 Old 11-07-2003, 08:48 PM

my cycles returned when oliver was 15 months old and they havnt returned yet after having oscar who is now 8 months old.

i do remember for at least 6 months before they did come back last time being convinced that they were returning and one time even rushing to the toilet at the supermarket conviced that the cramping was teh return of my periods but it wasnt.

hopefully you are just having very early symptoms and wont get your cycles back for a while yet
#4 of 5 Old 11-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Banned

I had my first period at 4 months-and I was exclusively nursing. That really irritated me. I felt like I had just stopped bleeding from the birth, was I ever going to stop bleeding? They were regular from that point on, although I had an IUD a month after that first one, so that probably contributed to it. DS wasn't a big nighttime nurser-some nights every 1/2 hour, some nights not for 4 hours. Played hell with my hormones. It's kind of hard for me to sympathize, I wish I had been lucky enough to have 10 months. I never used bfing as birth control, though. Too much conflicting info from trusted sources. I didn't feel comfortable being that rare woman that exclusively bf's and still gets pg at 4mo!
#5 of 5 Old 11-09-2003, 12:46 PM

mat4mel:

If you want to hold off the cycles, I hear from your post you want to be told, stop being so busy and remember to nurse more!

Is that what you want to do?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page